Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fonezonline.ie <Reply to me!!!>

Options
  • 03-08-2010 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi every1,

I made an order on fonezonline.ie in July for an iPhone 4 32gb. Before I made the order I contacted them and received a quick response, so I thought it was safe enough to buy from them and they seemed to provide good email support.

Last week on the 27th of July, I sent them an email regarding the order. Three days passed and I still didn't receive a reply. On the 30th of July I sent them two emails asking for my order to be cancelled and refunded.

It is now the 3rd of August, and I still haven't received a response from them. So today I sent them three emails, again asking for my order to be cancelled and refunded.

Hopefully they will email me tomorrow, and get it sorted.

Has anyone here been ignored by fonezonline.ie when asking for an order to be cancelled?

I'm really disappointed in fonezonline.ie, I think its a disgrace that none of my emails have been answered yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dkmedia

Just as I had this message posted I received an email from <snip>@fonezonline informing me that my order was refunded on Friday. My account on fonezonline doesn't reflect this though so hopefully it is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

moved to consumer issues. let us know how you get on.

Random wrote: »
    moved to consumer issues. let us know how you get on.

Will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

You should probably check with your bank or credit card company to see if you Have been refunded and do a chargeback if not.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    You should probably check with your bank or credit card company to see if you Have been refunded and do a chargeback if not.

I checked the credit card transactions a couple of hours ago, and there was no refund yet. I'll give them another few days though as it was a long weekend which would have delayed the refund being processed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The website has a "Z" in the title - do I need to say anything else about them?

If you haven't received your money back in a short period, contact your credit card provider and initiate a chargeback immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

dudara wrote: »
    The website has a "Z" in the title - do I need to say anything else about them?

Other warning signs:
    + No contact details.
    + No limited company, no registered business name.
    + No VAT details

Cowboys, Ted.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

None of this works then?
    Phone:
    Gabriel: +353 86 1256327 Ryan: +353 86 3331502

FonezOnline
    Main Street
    Burnfoot
    Co. Donegal

A search on google with one of those numbers throws up buy and sell and other classified ads for all types of electronics and phones, all Donegal, Westmeath based.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I bought my nexus one off them a month or two back. Found them very good to deal with and email support was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    I bought my nexus one off them a month or two back. Found them very good to deal with and email support was excellent.

I haven't had any dealings with them personally, but a good few posters in the mobile forum have bought from them, dont think i have heard a problem about them before that i can remember. They might be 'novice' but i hope genuine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

The fact that they're charging €100 more than Apple for the 32GB '4' leads me to believe they are legit, but I don't know why anyone would bother. For that model at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Davy wrote: »
    I haven't had any dealings with them personally, but a good few posters in the mobile forum have bought from them, dont think i have heard a problem about them before that i can remember. They might be 'novice' but i hope genuine

Thats where I found out about them.

Hi all,

Just wanted to let ye know that I got a full refund from Fonezonline a couple of weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 FonezOnline

hi guys,

just been reading the posts about us and our deliveries and reply to emails etc.

fair enough we are novice and new to the whole online/retail business but we are trying very hard of our own backs to satisfy everybodys needs at competitive prices and deliver as soon as phones are available to us.

sometimes it can be hard to get new releases as fast as promised but things consumers dont understand is that the book doesnt stop here, i.e. availability from our suppliers, lead time, delivery time are all factors that have to be taken into consideration as we are a small business.

we apologize in advanced to anybody who feels they have had an unsatisfactory experience for whatever reason with us.

however we are opening our first retail store in the Corbett Court shopping centre in Galway city this Friday and would be delighted to speak to anybody or help anybody in anyway possible.

regards
    Gabriel & Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

FonezOnline Please contact the admins at hello@boards.ie if you wish to continue posting on Boards in a commercial capacity.

dudara

Advertisement