Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting Botox

• 03-08-2010 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hey all,

I have decided that I am going to get Botox done on a frown line in my forehead. Does anyone know where I can get it done in Dublin and average prices that I can expect etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Derma Dental do it I think and are well-regarded http://dermadental.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sarahjanel

A group of us use a doctor who will come to your home. He's great. botoxfacialtreatment@gmail.com . The more of you there are the better the rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Sue Rocks

Thanks sarah but for some reason I dont think I would be comfortable getting it done in my own homw I would rather that it was in a more formal setting ... I dunno maybe im just being silly but I would be too nervous about having it done at home.

Thanks for the tip though. How has it been working out for your group so far? Are you happy with results?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I'd also be very interested to hear from those who have had botox done, how sore is it? and what is the average price? also roughly what age do people start getting it done??

Sorry op didnt mean to hijack your thread, just curious like yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sarahjanel

Sue Rocks wrote: »
    Thanks sarah but for some reason I dont think I would be comfortable getting it done in my own homw I would rather that it was in a more formal setting ... I dunno maybe im just being silly but I would be too nervous about having it done at home.

Thanks for the tip though. How has it been working out for your group so far? Are you happy with results?

Hi Sue. I was nervous about it untill I saw the results some of my friends had. It's worked out great for me. It's a little stingy getting it but that goes quickly. I've heard there can be some bruising but no one in our group (five of us) have had any trouble. The girl who started it first went to a salon initially but it closed but the doc there kept his cliental. let me know how you get on.
    how much are people paying in salons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Why not investigate the more modern technology? Lasering usually has better, longer lasting results than botox and it doesn't involve injecting poison into your body and the inherent risks of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭Angelmangle

There is a place in Newry who do it too, its a UK company with branches all over the UK and Northern Ireland. It seems A LOT cheaper than anywhere down here, botox for frown lines in the region of €140.00 from what I remember. I think they are called the hylagen clinic (not absolutely sure) but if you google it you 'll find it. Myself and a friend were thinking of trying it so if we go I'll let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shaira

sarahjanel wrote: »
    Hi Sue. I was nervous about it untill I saw the results some of my friends had. It's worked out great for me. It's a little stingy getting it but that goes quickly. I've heard there can be some bruising but no one in our group (five of us) have had any trouble. The girl who started it first went to a salon initially but it closed but the doc there kept his cliental. let me know how you get on.
    how much are people paying in salons?

Hi sarahjanel

How much does this person charge? Are you still using him/her?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dubmando

yes,would be interested to know what price this person charges,how many you need to have in order for him/her to come to your home to do it? I have gone to Newry a few times its 199(sterling) for 3 areas,which is quite a difference to Dublin prices. It would be great to have someone come to me!!!obviously price is a factor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Izzy04

Hello all
    Just wondering has anybody any experience of getting Botox done at Seapoint Clinic in Dublin? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Izzy04 wrote: »
    Hello all
    Just wondering has anybody any experience of getting Botox done at Seapoint Clinic in Dublin? Thanks!

The dentist? I personally would only go to a doctor and not a dentist. The derma clinic in Blackrock do it with a cosmetic surgeon although I have never had Botox but have had other treatments done in the derma clinic and cannot recommend them highly enough. They offer free consultations and all their staff are qualified nurses or doctors.
    http://www.dermaclinic.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Millem wrote: »
    The dentist? I personally would only go to a doctor and not a dentist. The derma clinic in Blackrock do it with a cosmetic surgeon although I have never had Botox but have had other treatments done in the derma clinic and cannot recommend them highly enough. They offer free consultations and all their staff are qualified nurses or doctors.
    Dentists do study a lot about the face and the nerve systems etc. They are well qualified for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Millem wrote: »
    Izzy04 wrote: »
    Hello all

Still, I would prefer a doctor.

Advertisement