Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 118: Toney vs Couture **spoilers inside**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

frankys messing up with bj's rhythm.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 neilk

Edgar is moving about lots, but BJ wont shoot until he hits him first, so he can't get near him cause Frankie is going side to side.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

Take him down bj ffs,close the distance at least

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Penn looks slow, and stoned! :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Penn looks a bit ill.

BJ Should shoot now

BJ needs a knock out

Does Penn actually want to fight? Cause it doesn't look like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

lol at BJs corner calling Frankie a little c*cksucker

• Advertisement

BJ's corner think Frankie is a c o c k sucker.

come on BJ

bj'S Lost

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

so its a BJ for a cocksucker? seems fair... :)

*ahem*

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

edgar has to win this, what a great showing from him tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    bj'S Lost

did not realise it was over yet!
    1 more round, it only takes seconds to win by ko or sub

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement

:mad:

BJ is gonna have to fight his way back up from mid-card, co-main etc.. to get a title fight if he doesnt finish here. Win or spend 18 months getting back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

BJ's corner have been atrocious.

i've never seen anyone dominate penn on the ground so easily before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Edgar has been brilliant everywhere, this will shut BJ up if stays like this.

• Advertisement

30 seconds to pull something out

FOR **** SAKE

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    i've never seen anyone dominate penn on the ground so easily before

GSP roughed him on the ground before if remember correctly, only got into MMA around then though.

Go on Frankie, brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

That's it, WD edgar you have answered me anyway!

What's up with BJ....

Better figher won.

jesus, that was shoite. :)

The whole card apart from Maia was pretty awful.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Disappointing performance from BJ, looked to have no ideas on how to turn things in his favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Edgar was awesome, sometimes certain lads just have others numbers, it appears that is the case here-Maynard will be a tougher match for Edgar i feel, well done Edgar, won all rounds imo.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

1st thing BJ Needs to do is get rid of his SH!T Corner

• Advertisement

i'd lol if the judges gave it to penn, imagine the crowd reaction.

DeVore wrote: »
    jesus, that was shoite. :)

The whole card apart from Maia was pretty awful.

DeV.
    a lot of ufc's are poor, but i still watch them all :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

BJ needs to work is way back up the ladder now or else go back to WW....

Awful card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Really not the same PJ Benn. Looked completely uninterested in the fight. Maybe just moving onto other things in his life. Shame really.

So pissed off.
    Penn knew what to do,just didnt fckin do it!

Penn back to Welterweight :pac:

Daniel first off could you suggest a better corner for him to take as opposed to using Joe "Thirty Decibel" Rogan for your gospel .

Second BJ Knew what he had to do and tried it only Edgar was better! Take downs and Stand up. Edgar was too quick on both so what else did he have to do but he wouldnt " FCKING " do it.

I missed that Joe Lauzon fight, that's how you finish fights.

Penn is fooked if he goes back to WW, he couldn't wrestle with GSP so he'll never get past Marquhart or Kos, he'd out BJJ hardy but couldn't stand with him. He needs to change his corner/team, get even more serious with the training and work his way back up. Also, he should hope that Maynard beats Edgar.

• Advertisement

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Daniel first off could you suggest a better corner for him to take as opposed to using Joe "Thirty Decibel" Rogan for your gospel .

Second BJ Knew what he had to do and tried it only Edgar was better! Take downs and Stand up. Edgar was too quick on both so what else did he have to do but he wouldnt " FCKING " do it.

Well lets be honest,his corner saying to him when he is three rounds down "He took this from you now lets take it back"
    Thats really good advice:pac:

The man is definitely stuck in limbo, I'd reckon I he'd better off staying in LW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

new i shouda went to bed that card was always going to be bad.. and dana white asyin that fight of the night was gonna be the ken flo fight ....me bo::ox

Well lets be honest,his corner saying to him when he is three rounds down "He took this from you now lets take it back"
    Thats really good advice:pac:

Anger ? I've been told i'm going to be a raging psychopath going into my first fight. BJ should have wanted that belt back and i believe he did. Something like their go and get it, and using swears would rile you up and it did as he came out in the first 30 seconds of the last two rounds and shot for take downs .

I suppose GSP's corner is crap when he told GSP to hit Alves with his Hamstring when GSP said " i think my hamstring is snapped "

Also here's an idea BJ

Drop even lower/stay at 155 and take some really interesting fights in the WEC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

neilk wrote: »
    Penn is fooked if he goes back to WW, he couldn't wrestle with GSP so he'll never get past Marquhart or Kos, he'd out BJJ hardy but couldn't stand with him. He needs to change his corner/team, get even more serious with the training and work his way back up. Also, he should hope that Maynard beats Edgar.

Corner makes no odds to a fighter who's been champion of two divisions and been one of the top fighters in the world for years. He'd make bits of Hardy/Marquart (MW not WW for the record)/Koscheck if he wanted to. At one stage he won so many fights that he moved up four weight classes and fought Lyoto Machida. It really just looks to me like his heart's not in it, it's not the same BJ Penn we're used to.

• Advertisement

Even if his corner gave him good advice or whatever, that does not magically mean BJ would have won. Edgar was a class act overall and blaming BJ's corner sounds like an excuse to why he lost.

Anger ? I've been told i'm going to be a raging psychopath going into my first fight. BJ should have wanted that belt back and i believe he did. Something like their go and get it, and using swears would rile you up and it did as he came out in the first 30 seconds of the last two rounds and shot for take downs .

I suppose GSP's corner is crap when he told GSP to hit Alves with his Hamstring when GSP said " i think my hamstring is snapped "

Ehh No,thats why hes got Greg Jackson Best MMA Coach IMHO They actually Give Him Technical advice Not "Hes a Little Cocksucker"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Corner makes no odds to a fighter who's been champion of two divisions and been one of the top fighters in the world for years. He'd make bits of Hardy/Marquart/Koscheck if he wanted to. At one stage he won so many fights that he moved up four weight classes and fought Lyoto Machida. It really just looks to me like his heart's not in it, it's not the same BJ Penn we're used to.

true words.
    dont think he thought he was ever going to win the belt back he even said pre fight he ...its not about the belt...

Ehh No,thats why hes got Greg Jackson Best MMA Coach IMHO They actually Give Him Technical advice Not "Hes a Little Cocksucker"

Then perhaps read my post ? I asked you did you consider Greg Jackson to be a bad coach because the only advice he could offer was " hit him with it "

Then perhaps read my post ? I asked you did you consider Greg Jackson to be a bad coach because the only advice he could offer was " hit him with it "

Yes but that was when GSP Was Up 4-0 against alves not down 4-0 and calling him a little cocksuker:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement