Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 118: Toney vs Couture **spoilers inside**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

unknown13 wrote: »
    Why do you keep bringing up that site.

I'm also guessing, considering the sig, he's involved in some way?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Spam again and we'll stick your website into the swear filter, we have ways of promoting things and ways of not doing it.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I have been watching Brendan Schaub outside the fan expo asking people who they think will win tomorrow night and some guy from Drogheda was questioned. Anyone that posts here regularly?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

Weigh ins in 1 min :D

There production before weigh ins has gone very weird lately

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:D

Waterford jersey for davis :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

any links to weigh in's :D

or the countdown for that matter...

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The weigh ins are live on ufc.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

DeVore wrote: »
    Spam again and we'll stick your website into the swear filter, we have ways of promoting things and ways of not doing it.

DeV.

I was just letting people know where they could see the weigh-ins. I know there are many sites that have the weigh-ins on there site but we are an Irish site so I thought the Irish fans would watch them there. I never know me posting a link to the weigh-ins was a problem. I will not be doing it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I was just letting people know where they could see the weigh-ins. I know there are many sites that have the weigh-ins on there site but we are an Irish site so I thought the Irish fans would watch them there. I never know me posting a link to the weigh-ins was a problem. I will not be doing it again.

SuperWoody101 is no spammer keep the links coming bro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Lads, stop joking and saying stuff that could be called trolling, links from peoples websites are considered trolling, there is a page for that here so if they keep coming DeV will ban them so thats bad advice, lets get back on topic.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Also, as much as i think Randy will completely destroy Toney, i think James' chances are much higher than everyone thinks.

Every fight starts on the feet. In order for Randy to take him down he needs to get close enough for Toney to hit him.

All Toney might need is one punch.

Boylesports are giving him a 25% chance. Might be a tad generous but it's not far off the mark. Personally, i'd say 20%. If they fought 5 times, i'd say Toney could maybe catch him and KO him once!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Any idea where this can be watched on tv tonight in Ireland lads? Setanta?

Draupnir wrote: »
    Any idea where this can be watched on tv tonight in Ireland lads? Setanta?

ESPN.

You must be a subscriber (Or it's free with certain UPC packages)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭BoxingIrel.com

MrStuffins wrote: »
    To sell PPVs. It's business!

And it's working.

exactly, thats what I am saying.

Whats Coutures beard like?

exactly, thats what I am saying.

Whats Coutures beard like?

In fairness, if this isn't trolling, i don't know what is. There's something very ironic about a boxing advocate questioning the business merits of a fight with regard to making money by over selling something that isn't really a contest.

But these kinds of conversations get boring really quickly so i won't bother.

In fairness, if this isn't trolling, i don't know what is. There's something very ironic about a boxing advocate questioning the business merits of a fight with regard to making money by over selling something that isn't really a contest.

Didnt Paul say drop it?

Anyway like I asked whats Randolphs beard like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Didnt Paul say drop it?

It's quite good actually. There's more talent in "Randolph's" beard than Bernard Dunne ever had in his life.

Didnt Paul say drop it?

Nope, he said stop linking to your website and making jokes. i'm doing neither.

I'll happily drop it though.

Beard means chin, he's asking does randy have a good chin, i'd say average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

1. Superwoody is alright man! Everyone be looking for links coming up to event time and he is just informing us.

2. Don't feed the trolls!

wowzers!!! one can but laugh at a comment like that. :rolleyes:

Considering you're here to comment on the fight, how do you think the fight will go?

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    1. Superwoody is alright man! Everyone be looking for links coming up to event time and he is just informing us

Superwoody is sound, all good-but rules are rules, otherwise i'd be putting my website up all the time as would everyone, if people want to support him, just check his site daily-i do, or go on the sticky about news from other sites for updates there.

Considering you're here to comment on the fight, how do you think the fight will go?

not a clue, hence the reason I was asking about Toneys chances.

Aint ever seen this Couture fella "fight" before and not seen Toney fight since 2008.

I assume Randolino will bring it straight to the ground and get him in some sort of figure four headlock and its one-two-three goodnight Superdome!

Aint ever seen this Couture fella "fight" before and not seen Toney fight since 2008.

I assume Randolino will bring it straight to the ground and get him in some sort of figure four headlock and its one-two-three goodnight Superdome!

Your post is pretty accurate. Good man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Why do you keep putting "fight" when referring to MMA?

I laughed out loud. Well done sir.

Why do you keep putting "fight" when referring to MMA?

Well it's definitely not because he's trolling...apparently.

seadnamac wrote: »
    Well it's definitely not because he's trolling...apparently.

This

If anything, the "fight" should be put in the part of the sentence describing James Toney.

But here i go feeding the trolls!

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Don't really like Randy that much, It'll be detrimental to the sport if Toney knocks him out, but Randy doesn't exactly have a 'good' chin, so I'm giving Toney a much higher chance than others, and I'm actually hoping Toney does knock him out, then gets destroyed by someone like Roy Nelson :rolleyes:

He could be fighting the loser of Mirko/Mir if he wins or Browne/Kongo if he loses.. Hopefully they'll beat him silly :D

How can you not like Randy?

GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!! :p

I hear what you're saying. I reckon when if Toney loses and they put to bed this silly Boxing v MMA thing, they'll stick him in against someone who will stand with him and give the fans a show.

Tonight's fight won't be a show. It'll be a one-sided beat down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's extremely unlikely Toney will be fighting in another MMA match after this.

One time only deal I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

cowzerp wrote: »
    Lads, stop joking and saying stuff that could be called trolling, links from peoples websites are considered trolling, there is a page for that here so if they keep coming DeV will ban them so thats bad advice, lets get back on topic.

But its an Irish Website, what about teh local scene?!!?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    But its an Irish Website, what about teh local scene?!!?

There is a page dedicated to them sites, advertising is not permitted-and posting about the ufc weigh ins is not the local scene anyway.

lets get back on topic please

It's extremely unlikely Toney will be fighting in another MMA match after this.

One time only deal I reckon.

I'm not so sure, its a 3 fight contract. so it depends how much he needs the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

This is only my second UFC event that I intend to watch and I really can't wait. Toney is gonna get his ass kicked:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

There is a page dedicated to them sites, advertising is not permitted-and posting about the ufc weigh ins is not the local scene anyway.

lets get back on topic please

Just to let you know I will use the dedicated page to post info like this from now on. Sorry about that. Back on topic.

Toney has a punchers chance but no one can stop the greco roman takedowns of Randy,not even Brock Lesnar so i see this ending in the first by GnP

• Advertisement

kev9100 wrote: »
    This is only my second UFC event that I intend to watch and I really can't wait. Toney is gonna get his ass kicked:D.

I hope so dude!

You're in for a treat with Florian v Maynard and BJ v Edgar.

Not to mention Davis v Diaz which will be electric!

Also, try not to miss Ruediger v Lauzon on the Pre-Lims. I'm guessing you don't know who Gabe is, so i really hope they explain his story before the fight :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    Toney has a punchers chance but no one can stop the greco roman takedowns of Randy,not even Brock Lesnar so i see this ending in the first by GnP

Yeah Lesnar did crap against Couture...

Not been funny but his takedown are not what he is known for-it's his relentless control and dirty boxing is, plus im pretty sure Chuck liddell handled his Greco!

Not been funny but his takedown are not what he is known for-it's his relentless control and dirty boxing is, plus im pretty sure Chuck liddell handled his Greco!

I know but he is known for his wrestling aswell so wrestling usually consists of Takedowns.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Yeah Lesnar did crap against Couture...

I know he lost but Couture was able to take a Lesnar down when Lesnar had 40-50 Pounds on Him

• Advertisement

Ah, but Chuck Liddell, James Toney is not!

anyone got a link to the weigh in or know the weights?

Toney anywhere near his 160lb prime?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I know but he is known for his wrestling aswell so wrestling usually consists of Takedowns.

Correct me if i am wrong anybody but isn't greco roman mainly about throws , clinch, drags etc as opposed to shooting for take downs due to some rule about holding below the hip ?

I wouldn't be shocked to see randy shoot tonight mainly because of Toney but Randy using his greco roman wrestling generally consists of clinch and cage work as opposed to these take downs that stifled brock :rolleyes:

The weigh ins are on UFC.com
    Toney weighed in at 237 So No Haha

Taken from the Boxing Forum
    digme wrote: »
    toney weigh-in and checked in at a ridiculous 237 pounds :rolleyes:
    70 pounds or 5 stone in excess of what he was at his peak.

Forget Boxing v. MMA, the only debate that settled was that the UFC is a circus!

Its obvious you know the wnaswer to this question.

Why this guy keeps getting away with trolling is beyond me!

Ah, but Chuck Liddell, James Toney is not!

Yes but i dont give Toney much hope in fairness, an overweight past it boxer who is not even good at his sport is not up to much in my opinion in the octagon, would be tough enough at peak never mind now.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Correct me if i am wrong anybody but isn't greco roman mainly about throws , clinch, drags etc as opposed to shooting for take downs due to some rule about holding below the hip ?

I wouldn't be shocked to see randy shoot tonight mainly because of Toney but Randy using his greco roman wrestling generally consists of clinch and cage work as opposed to these take downs that stifled brock :rolleyes:

I Think Greco morely consists of above the waist takedowns usually from a bodylock

Yes but i dont give Toney much hope in fairness, an overweight past it boxer who is not even good at his sport is not up to much in my opinion in the octagon, would be tough enough at peak never mind now.

I completely agree.

It'd be hilarious if Toney had been hiding some sort of Wrestling past and was able to handle Randy's takedowns though :P

Taken from the Boxing Forum

Its obvious you know the wnaswer to this question.

Why this guy keeps getting away with trolling is beyond me!

I've deleted anything which may be considered trolling, what he says on boxing is not my business-but his question is simply telling people that Toney fighting is a joke, as i've said all along.

I have also warned him on his posting so why do you feel he got away with anything, leave it at that please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Only going to be one way to sort this lads...

We ourselves fight the lads on the boxing forum in an MMA fight . :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement