Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Draft Question

Options
  • 03-08-2010 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Hi all, hopefully somebody can help me with this, it's probably a very simple and stupid question.

I need to give a landlord in Dublin a Bank Draft of €500. My question is, since my bank branch is the Ulster Bank in Cavan, can I get a Bank Draft from any Ulster Bank in Dublin or will I have to get it in Cavan?

Also, what details do I need when getting the Bank Draft as all I have is the landlords name. Oh and can I hand the cashier cash or does it need to be taken from my account, in which case I could just lodge the cash to my account anyway I suppose?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Steak wrote: »
    Hi all, hopefully somebody can help me with this, it's probably a very simple and stupid question.

Can I get a Bank Draft from any Ulster Bank in Dublin or will I have to get it in Cavan?

Any branch.

Also, what details do I need when getting the Bank Draft as all I have is the landlords name.

Nothing else.

Oh and can I hand the cashier cash or does it need to be taken from my account, in which case I could just lodge the cash to my account anyway I suppose?

The money has to be taken from your account.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisement