Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 117 - Discussion ***MOD NOTE POST 909***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

INTENSE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

I thought Chael was just gonna lose it :D

dOS Santos is one big dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

Where are ye all watching it ?

I don't have cable so can't go that route, I see its 24.99$ to buy the stream online. I fear that's my only option, any other suggestions ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭rafther

iv tried some big accumulators like 7 and 8 and als come up one or two short

i know these are underdogs but a tenner on

nelson
    alves(not underdog in my book!)
    sonnen

gives 256 back with pp not a bad bet i think

*mods please delete trying to get posts up with my real username*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

iv tried some big accumulators like 7 and 8 and als come up one or two short

i know these are underdogs but a tenner on

nelson
    alves(not underdog in my book!)
    sonnen

gives 256 back with pp not a bad bet i think

*sorry for double post if ^^^ is not deleted*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Alves couldn't cut the extra weight. Fined 20% of " Show " money and it's given to fitch.

he couldnt cut half a pound in 2 hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Alves couldn't cut the extra weight. Fined 20% of " Show " money and it's given to fitch.

really??

it has not been even 2 hours since the weigh in's:confused:, it was only a half a pound so i doubt it, but open to be correction of course.

edit:Just read he couldn't lose the weight, this is going to fitch for sure now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

• Advertisement

true it hasnt been 2 hours has it?

cant really argue with sherdog though...

would this affect bets on paddy power or is it something they would find out or care about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

true it hasnt been 2 hours has it?

cant really argue with sherdog though...

would this affect bets on paddy power or is it something they would find out or care about?

they should but prob won't due to not many people making bets on mma compared to other sports on pp.com. on larger MMA betting sites i would imagine it would change a fair bit alright.

thats what i was thinking/hoping :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    dOS Santos is one big dude

really buddy, you shouldn't be up that late at night, you need good night sleeps. back to school soon sure:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Was hillarious when Nelson came out and someone was shouting "GET IN MY BELLLLLLYYYY"

Sickened for Alves, hope this doesn't mess with his head too much and he can just get on and kick some ass!

If/when Sonnen loses, he has a bright political future ahead of him anyway, i'm surprised he's not president yet. He could talk the knickers off a nun.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    If/when Sonnen loses, he has a bright political future ahead of him anyway, i'm surprised he's not president yet. He could talk the knickers off a nun.

That's the problem really, he didn't make it. Hence why he's being a loud mouth in the build up to this fight.
    He acted a lot different in the build-up to the Nate fight as he was in the running at the time, even came in to some conservative music.

That's the problem really, he didn't make it. Hence why he's being a loud mouth in the build up to this fight.
    He acted a lot different in the build-up to the Nate fight as he was in the running at the time, even came in to some conservative music.

I thought he pulled out of the run or we it was or was that just cuz he was doing shiit?

Was entertaining all his smack talk but seeing em at the weigh ins kinda made me feel bad for him. I mean everyone wants to see Silva at his matrix like best I hope Sonnen doesn't get killed too bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

I thought he pulled out of the run or we it was or was that just cuz he was doing shiit?

Was entertaining all his smack talk but seeing em at the weigh ins kinda made me feel bad for him. I mean everyone wants to see Silva at his matrix like best I hope Sonnen doesn't get killed too bad!

If sonnen is able to hurt/cut him or pound him even a little bit and put up a good fight then people wont hate on him, if he gets totally whooped senseless then people wont ever listen to him again ha

I never even thought of this but what if he wins......we'd never hear the end of it!

• Advertisement

I never even thought of this but what if he wins......we'd never hear the end of it!

Dont worry, he wont. I mean hes a great wrestler and all and great at putting pressure on, but maia took him down and subbed him in like 2 minutes of the first round, really cannot see him doing ANYTHING to Silva

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

Wow anderson was quite funny there :p i cant wait til tonight surprise alves couldn't loss half of pound in 2 hours ... not that hard put a big heavy tracksuit on you and just run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Wow anderson was quite funny there :p i cant wait til tonight surprise alves couldn't loss half of pound in 2 hours ... not that hard put a big heavy tracksuit on you and just run

I guess there was nothing left to loss.

seadnamac wrote: »
    I guess there was nothing left to loss.

Exactly.Look at his physique.Its hard enough for alves to cut nearly 30 pounds when he has nearly full muscle on him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The bookie laughed me for making a bet with Nelson today. :o

Also this:

There is a reason Roy is in a fight for a shot at the title. He is a very good fighter. Ya JDS is a big fuker with serious KO power but I think Nelson can take him to the ground and win it there. Was a bit much for the bookie to laugh at ya tho haha. I hope Nelson wins tonight, not just cuz I have money on him but becuase he has talent and deserves to be up with the big boys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Exactly.Look at his physique.Its hard enough for alves to cut nearly 30 pounds when he has nearly full muscle on him

Alves hasn't been as active as he would have liked. Alves is a big WW and needs to be training and fighting regularly. The guy has been out for 13 months. He hasn't had to make the final cut for a while and his body was only getting back into the swing of things yesterday. Besides he was only half a pound over and that won't make a massive difference to the fight unlike Anthony Johnson and Yoshida.

unknown13 wrote: »
    Alves hasn't been as active as he would have liked. Alves is a big WW and needs to be training and fighting regularly. The guy has been out for 13 months. He hasn't had to make the final cut for a while and his body was only getting back into the swing of things yesterday. Besides he was only half a pound over and that won't make a massive difference to the fight unlike Anthony Johnson and Yoshida.

Oh ya i forgot he was out for so long!
    He could fight Middleweight or LHW Id say

Oh ya i forgot he was out for so long!
    He could fight Middleweight or LHW Id say

He is big but the fact he is 5'9 would be a big disadvantage going into the higher weight classes. 5'10 is roughly the average height in the WW division and the top guys in the MW division are 5'11 - 6'2. He would be fighting bigger guys all the time and wouldn't do well in the MW division.

No way will Tiago Alves ever fight at LHW. He would be mauled at the LHW.

He is big but the fact he is 5'9 would be a big disadvantage going into the higher weight classes. 5'10 is roughly the average height in the WW division and the top guys in the MW division are 5'11 - 6'2. He would be fighting bigger guys all the time and wouldn't do well in the MW division.

No way will Tiago Alves ever fight at LHW. He would be mauled at the LHW.

True,but he really doesnt look welterweight at all apart from his height i mean look at the ****ing size of him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQTCQdc9Lbo
    AWSEOME VID!
    Look at the way JDS Hits The pads at 1:50
    My christ:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQTCQdc9Lbo
    AWSEOME VID!
    Look at the way JDS Hits The pads at 1:50
    My christ:eek:

Nice. The "beat" was almost musical.

Also, i like the way the caption said JDS had "1 losses"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

common roy! or its back to the trailer park

TechnoPool wrote: »
    common roy! or its back to the trailer park

I'd like to see his gym in his Dining Room/Kitchen/Sitting Room/Bedroom/Toilet!

Once Roy Feel's JDS's Power Hell want to get it to the ground Fast

Exactly! Roy said he will stand with him but JDS isn't a guy you test out, take a few punches to see how you want to fight. He will kill you with one punch. Take it to the ground Roy, use your weight and submit him! Would love to see Country vs Lesnar, would be a very unusual fight!

Cmon Roy!!!!

method=get&s=roy-nelson-04-01-10-11-53-47-111.jpg

first one to land a big clean shot wins for me

He could be on arse with the ref standing over him instead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Tito trying and failing to be Chael Sonnen:

rovert wrote: »

God i hate Tito!

"He's deaf so he's got a soft head" Pffft!

Ever notice that he can NEVER get out what he wants to say?

Even in this video he says "..but once he sided on that dianed line" or something.

I miss his work with Affliction :(

he like scot steiner from the wrestling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Im so pumped for this card im tempted to watch it live, sleep 2 hours and then go do my 11 hour shift in work on Sunday. Decisions decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Yea really looking forward to this card. As much as I was looking forward to 116, it was for the main event mostly, whereas this is stacked from top to bottom. Can't wait to watch it tomorrow after downloa.....excuse me, recording it off ESPN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Just looking at the weigh ins there, Roy Nelson looks like Van damme's best friend in the film bloodsport? Both big lads. Maybe it's just me...

VrFV2.jpg

Bloodsport-DonaldGibb_JCVD2_2527cd21177014f6d2a7a41b20c460c5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ShanklyKopite

hahahahahahah never noticed dat besides de beard it is him. But i gotta say JDS is gonna kill him

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Deaf people have no equilibrium? What a tit... Next thing he'll say is Matt Hamill is deaf because he has no ears...

Whatever about him not being able to string a sentance together, he's unbelievably quick off the mark with his comeback quips.

On a side note.. 4:00 in rovert's video.. Marius Pudzionowski vs. Butterbean? Who said it was the UFC that put on circus fights?

rovert wrote: »

Slagging someone about their disability is not cool, pathetic and a cheap shot.

Slagging someone about their disability is not cool, pathetic and a cheap shot.

Yeah that's right, which is why neither Kenny nor Bas mentioned Tito's Gorrila head!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

They didn't make fun of Bas' tourettes either... "Awesome!"

I just noticed Tito said he was going to use his 'speed' :pac:

Tito, serious serious douchebag

• Advertisement

Should i create a new thread with spoiler titles for tonight?

Advertisement