Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Job Seekers Allowance With Parent On Benefits

• 03-08-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭

My mam gets rent allowance and illness benefit, would me signing onto JSA cause a change in this? I know she used to get €29.XX per week when I was in full time education but I'm not anymore. She said me signing on will knock her off the rent allowance but I'm not sure if it will or not. If it does, would I be able to apply for rent allowance to continue living with her?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

DaveyDave wrote: »
    My mam gets rent allowance and illness benefit, would me signing onto JSA cause a change in this? I know she used to get €29.XX per week when I was in full time education but I'm not anymore. She said me signing on will knock her off the rent allowance but I'm not sure if it will or not. If it does, would I be able to apply for rent allowance to continue living with her?

the 29.00 is family income support which she gets for having you
    as for rent allowance she will not be taken off it if you sign on however as she is getting JSA which is means tested it may be reduced but if you sign on then you can claim it for your portion of the rent so in essence it wont change

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Well she doesn't get that €29 anymore as far as I know as I'm not in full time education. So if I sign on, the rent allowance takes into account the extra €100 per week and will adjust to that?

Sorry, I'm a little confused as I haven't looked into this much.

Advertisement