Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to get fit again...

Options
  • 03-08-2010 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Right so I'm a 22 year old male and heading into 2nd year of University this September. I used to be fit and sporty but now I'm a bit of a couch potato.
    I used to practice Karate and play soccer until I was about 12 then I picked up guitar, grew my hair long and became fairly lazy.

Now I WANT to play soccer and I WANT to be fit again. I posted on the fitness forum for some tips and I got some now I want to put them into practice.

I'm about 5'6" and fairly thin (weigh around 12 stone) with a small bit of weight here and there.

I know I can diet well so I'll be sticking to the healthy stuff and cutting out on all the bad junk. I still like to have a jam and a few beers once a week so I'll keep doing that; but hey, we're allowed to have some fun right?

I was recommended to do The Couch to 5K Running Plan, so thats what I will do for starters.

Well I started tonight and I got to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it and can not wait until tomorrow night. I know it says to do 3 days a week but if I can do more I will.

I'm including some sit-ups, push-ups and squats but will only do how many I can manage until I'm comfortable with giving myself a minimum.

Anyways... until tomorrow I suppose I'll give an update on how well I ran compared to this evening.
    ;)

Advertisement