Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 weeks of DCM training (sub 3 attempt)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

Perfectly run race, great momentum to carry you through the final weeks of sub-3 training. Keep it sensible and you'll nail it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

and ure back in the game, very sold running Misty, agree with the others, def in sub-3 formm, great stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Ha ha there you go - as i said on my post yesterday - get the fuc'k in !! i bet that felt good and relieved some serious stress. glad your period is over:) delighted for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Great run to boost your confidence Misty! All the way to 2:5x in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

great run misty. right on course

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Thanks again for the posts above ;)

13th - 19th Sep

Mon: 5m easy
    Tues: 8m Fartlek ave 7:16m/m
    Wed: Rest
    Thurs: 4.1m with 5x100m strides
    Fri: Rest
    Sat: Dublin half 1:24:45 PB
    Sun
    : 3m recovery

Total for week: 35.1m

Mon 20th Sep
    5m easy

Tues 21st Sep

Rest. Absolutely knackered since the half. Felt like I ran a marathon.

Wed 22nd Sep
    10 easy wet miles

Thurs 23rd Sep
    11.5m about 1hr Fartlek with club. (Total ave pace 7:16m/m)
    Enjoyed that in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Thurs 23rd Sep

I'm sure i ran past you at some stage tonight, thats great running, been following the log since the start, you're coming in to form now when it matters. Best of luck in the DCM.

I'm sure i ran past you at some stage tonight, thats great running, been following the log since the start, you're coming in to form now when it matters. Best of luck in the DCM.

Howdy Brian cheers. Yeah there was three of us. Surprised to see so many people out running in that weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Howdy Brian cheers. Yeah there was three of us. Surprised to see so many people out running in that weather.

Gotta follow a schedule i suppose, i questioned my own sanity more than once have to admit. Acres road was the worst, nowhere to hide.

Whats the plan for the DCM, just follow the 3hr balloons the whole way? Or kick on if you feel good?

• Advertisement

Mon 20th Sep
    5m easy

Tues 21st Sep

Rest. Absolutely knackered since the half. Felt like I ran a marathon.

Wed 22nd Sep
    10 easy wet miles

Thurs 23rd Sep

Fri 24th Sep
    4.6m recovery. Sick run, I didn't eat much and mile in I felt so empty and muscles tired. Horrible horrible.

Sat 25th Sep
    Rest day. I had to listen to the body. Ate lots to make sure I had fuel for today.

Sun 26th Sep
    22.1m @ 7:29m/m. Went out with a neighbour for first 12m and he dragged me around @ 7:30m/m. I told him I planned 8m/m but there ya go. Forgot my watch was on autolap but this is the link. I'm happy with the overall pace and how I felt. A few 7:1x miles in there. Was gonna add PMP miles in but the overall pace was ok (for me). Trying to listen to the body and do the sensible thing. No empty feeling, finished tired but no problems.

Total for week 53.2m. Had hoped for 60 but happy to hit two decent sessions and ready for next week.
    Whats the plan for the DCM, just follow the 3hr balloons the whole way? Or kick on if you feel good?

More like kick back if I feel crap. don't think it will be that way Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

excellent 22miler misty, 4weeks out now, another one under the belt and your laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Lex Luther

great run Misty - that should be a real confidence boost for you !
    LL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Sun 26th Sep
    22.1m @ 7:29m/m.

Some pace over that distance for a training run

Mon 27th Sep
    4.6m easy.

Got a new pair of Mizuno wave inspire and tried them out tonight. I like em. Comfy, not too heavy, not too light. I got a gait done and they said I slightly over pronate. Had it done a year ago and they said I'm neutral.

I also ordered a pair of lunaracers for some reason.

wear the inspire myself, good shoe, but not sure i need them and will get the riders after this training programme....was thinking of getting the lunaracers also but they have no support, and on the side of caution i decided not to get them....but they seam like a really good shoe, would be interested in trying them again in a few months...for racing i got a pair of adidas adizero mana's, they have a bit of support but basically they are feck all shoe! light, comfy but no cushioning or support....lol...actually like em, wore them for the half and no ill effects other than sore calves....but was a hilly run also. best of luck with the racers, im sure you will like em....very comfy and cushioned for an ultra lightweight shoe!

Yeah I bought the Lunaracers and afterwards thought why.....I already have a pair of racers (Brooks T4) and I like em...I think. What I don't like about them is they are very light so I bought a lighter shoe for some reason :confused::D

Tues 28th Sep
    7m easy.

Signed up for DCM.

Wed 29th Sep
    2m warm up
    2 x 5m @ PMP (2min jog in between)
    2m cool down

PMP miles: 6:42/6:36/6:28/6:45/6:32 (2mins jog) 6:39/6:43/6:39/6:40/6:39

Went a little faster than planned but it felt alright so I carried on. Feel weak now after a dinner and a little ill. Blood sugar levels maybe. Anyway, happy enough with how I felt during the session.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

Wed 29th Sep
    2m warm up
    2 x 5m @ PMP (2min jog in between)
    2m cool down

PMP miles: 6:42/6:36/6:28/6:45/6:32 (2mins jog) 6:39/6:43/6:39/6:40/6:39

Went a little faster than planned but it felt alright so I carried on. Feel weak now after a dinner and a little ill. Blood sugar levels maybe. Anyway, happy enough with how I felt during the session.

Great session Misty. I was actually thinking about doing the same thing on Friday. Did you do it on the road?

• Advertisement

Speedy44 wrote: »
    Great session Misty. I was actually thinking about doing the same thing on Friday. Did you do it on the road?

I did all of it on the road yeah. Think I'll do all of my long(ish) runs on the road from now until DCM. I was having a gander at your own sessions. Good going. That was a weird one today, 300's and 500's? Whats your LSR's for the next few weeks?

well done lad....good run....another few of those would be good to have in the bag

I did all of it on the road yeah. Think I'll do all of my long(ish) runs on the road from now until DCM. I was having a gander at your own sessions. Good going. That was a weird one today, 300's and 500's? Whats your LSR's for the next few weeks?

22 this Sunday, was going to stick in 12 @ pmp but may just go easy for the lot of it, especailly if i do the 2 x 5mls on Friday.
    After that I think I may do a 16 and a 14. I am thinking about running the County X-Country on the 9th, as long as its not a complete mud bath. If I do I'll do my 16mls LSR on the 11th.

So far I have done 2 x 18 & 4 x 20, so hopefully that'll be enough.

Thurs 30th Sep
    5m easy & a bit of dumbell work and pressups. After falling asleep on the couch I woke up full of beans and decided to go out late instead of a rest day. Really nice evening/night.

Fri 1st Oct
    Rest day.

Sat 2nd Oct
    5m @ 7:30m/m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

See you at DCM mate. All going well you should be in 46 mins ahead of me:D

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    See you at DCM mate. All going well you should be in 46 mins ahead of me:D

ha, everything going well yeah. I'll be happy if I can make the pub later that day. That will be a good sign. Last year I could barely drink a glass of water I was so fooked. Good luck with tomorrow's 3/4 marathon....if you are still doing it.

Sun 3rd Oct
    Up early for 22.75m LSR with Lex Luther. Missed ~5mile on the garmin

Glad to get that in the bag and glad to run with company, it went really fast. I wore my brooks T4 racers which probably wasn't the best idea as it was wet in the grass and not a good indication for how it would feel to wear them in DCM. No major problems though, think I'll wear them but will test them on Thurs.

500mls water & 1 gel.

Helped out at the Novice XC afterwards. Excellent performances (from people I know) and a great day for it.

Week 9 Summary
    Mon: 4.6m easy
    Tues: 7m easy
    Wed: 2x5m @~6:38m/m (14m total)
    Thurs: 5m easy
    Fri: Rest day
    Sat: 5m easy
    Sun: 22.75m LSR

Total for week: 58.4m

Great going Misty, your well on track. Are in taper territory now, if so, whats the plan for the next 3wks?

• Advertisement

Speedy44 wrote: »
    Great going Misty, your well on track. Are in taper territory now, if so, whats the plan for the next 3wks?

cheers Speedy. I'm not sure about the next few weeks to be honest, I was just asking seany to see what he's at. I'm def doing a 'Tergat' type session on Thurs with 4x3m and I might do maybe 18m on Monday week with PMP. If not 18 then mabye 16 with 6PMP or something.

Did you hit the 22m you were planning or is that for tomorrow? EDIT: I looked it up. Feckin savage run today Speedy. Very strong. Great to do that with a big bunch.

Advertisement