Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Down Syndrome / Sportif Waterford Cycle

• 03-08-2010 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Down Syndrome Ireland Waterford Branch and Sportif Waterford CC are holding a Sportif on Saturday August 14th. Three distances are on offer. A 15-20k family spin from the City to Tramore and back. A 50k spin taking in some of the coast road, and a 100k spin up the coast road to Dungarvan and returning on the main N25.

All 3 events will start from John Roberts Square (which is city centre) at 10:45am. Sign on from 10am. 20euro entry fee all going to the charity.

This is our first Sportif as a club, and it would be nice to see as many of you as is possible join us on the day.

The finish line for all 3 spins is the Regional Sports Centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭crazydude

Nice one, I'm helping out so I hope it all goes well.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

More info on this spin can be found here, the 100km route is a very good route, and would be an excellent training spins for those doing either the 90km or the 160km in the up and coming Sean Kelly challenge.

As its for a very good cause, we hope to see as many as possible coming out to support this cause. The volunteers within Down Syndrome Waterford branch have put an awful lot of work into this spin and hopefully their efforts will be rewarded.

I would appeal to those in and around the South East of the country if you can indeed, please support this sportive.

With regards to parking facilities for the start of this event, we hope to be in a position to have details on this by tomorrow evening. We are hoping to be able to use the Waterford regional sports centre as this is where the cycle for all three route finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ktz84

That 100k route looks familiar. Is that the normal sportive route that you do earlier in the year? Wanted to do that one earlier in the year but couldn't get down that weekend so might head down for that as I have a place to stay down there so no accommodation worries like I do for so many other events.

I'll have go all Blorg someday and just pitch up a tent somewhere :D

Yeah its pretty much the same as the sportive that Comeragh CC run in April, except due to ours been a fund raiser for a charity, we have to take in Waterford City centre along with the town of Dungarvan, this is to facilitate bucket collectors along the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ktz84

Great stuff. Will have to check things out but hopefully will be there :D

• Advertisement

In relation to parking facilities, we have just had it confirmed that the Waterford regional sports centre will be open from 8am for those wishing to park there. The RSC is situated 2km out the cork road from the main quays in the city centre. It is hoped that particants park up at the RSC and then make there way in to the starting point of John Roberts Square.

I'll put in google maps reference points to both the starting location and the RSC in the next while.

Advertisement