Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCI president

Options
  • 03-08-2010 11:55pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭

F***. I am not an undergrad anymore, so this could be completely out of line. Gary Redmond was a tosspot when he was in charge in UCD (and long before it). I just ignored it because AFAIK the SU were a joke when I was there, only there to promote there own "real world" career in sham politics. Just seen him on RTE, so basically, UCDSU isn't a joke, all SUs asociated with the USI are a joke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Dead on the money there Cramcycle. He's probably the future minister for Finance judging by the way this country works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Dead on the money there Cramcycle. He's probably the future minister for Finance judging by the way this country works.

Yeh and our mutual friend DB (do you remember that chap from Sligo, somewhat 'slow' you might recall) he'll be minister for enterprise as he's done economics, but he didn't do economics in school now...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

President of UCI? Isnt that a cinema?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 HackHunter!!!

Would not be in any way surprised if Gary Redmond runs for another term with USI.Is he ever going to graduate ? Is it even possible considering he started his course so long ago that it is now entirely different from the one he started. He along with the rest of the knobs in USI and the SU need to get a grip on reality and stop codding themselves that they are these big important bigshots and get out there into the real world. They do very little for the student body of UCD and while i think an SU is necessary it should be downsized greatly. The SU could definitely function as efficiently with three sabbatical officers. Its not right that people run for multiple terms either, they should should stand aside after their term and let others have their chance instead of making it an elitist little clique

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I don't like the SU and I don't care about Redmond. However, credit where it's due, he spoke well on RTE Radio during the week.

Sounded like a real politician.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Grimes wrote: »
    President of UCI? Isnt that a cinema?

Touche, Union Cycliste Internationale, actually, another group who unintentionally proactively support dopers
    dyl10 wrote: »
    I don't like the SU and I don't care about Redmond. However, credit where it's due, he spoke well on RTE Radio during the week.

Sounded like a real politician.

IRONY at it's finest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

4th Floor toilets of the library summed up Gary Redmond most aptly:
    "Redmond the Rent Boy".:pac:

Advertisement