Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mantra & Time?

Options
  • 04-08-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hiya, I'm from down in South Dublin but a mates 18th will bring me up to Kildare next week for a night out so I'm not really familiar with the two clubs they're choosing between: Mantra & Time

So my main question is: are they easy enough for underagers to get into? I've someone elses ID and she looks quite similar to myself, gets me into places in Dublin most of the time. Just don't wanna be turned away at the door because really I have to get in because I can't go home lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I dont know about Time but doubt you will get into Mantra at the weekends as its over 21's afaik so you will find it hard and bouncers are quite tough too.

I think Time has a younger crowd but Mantra wouldnt be a place really if you are that young unless you went on a student night during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

Stasya_x wrote: »
    Hiya, I'm from down in South Dublin but a mates 18th will bring me up to Kildare next week for a night out so I'm not really familiar with the two clubs they're choosing between: Mantra & Time

So my main question is: are they easy enough for underagers to get into? I've someone elses ID and she looks quite similar to myself, gets me into places in Dublin most of the time. Just don't wanna be turned away at the door because really I have to get in because I can't go home lol

I've heard of 16 and 17 year olds getting into Time with fake ids so you may be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

The last time I went to Time it was 21s and from what I remember they were strict enough. I havent been in a couple of years tho as its a kip!

If youre not sure then it might be worth reconsidering; its a long trip down to find yourself stranded in Naas! Its not like youll have many other options either if you dont get into Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Much easier to get back to Dublin if you get refused from Maynooth, fairly young crowd in Zinc in Leixlip as well and its only 5 min taxi ride away if you do get refused from Mantra, get refused from Time and there is nothing else close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Stasya_x

Yeah, I don't fancy being refused and left in Naas..I'm staying in Maynooth so I suppose it's not as bad as having to trek all the way back to Killiney but still, Its a bit of a **** one for all your mates to get in without you lol

Anywhere else worth going round that kinda area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

As i said Zinc in Leixlip I go to both fairly regularly, Mantra is fancier but I think Zinc is better younger crowd than Mantra and Mantra is more expensive. I've been to Time a good few times but was never mad on it! Theres not much else around though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Theres a club in the glenroyal you might get into but its not great.
    I really doubt you will get into Mantra if you are underage, its not really a young crowd that goes there at the weekend so you would stand out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Stasya_x
    You are asking an illegal question on this site.
    Boards.ie will not get involved in recommending ways for you to get around the law.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement