Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BTEA and getting job?

• 04-08-2010 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all was just wondering if anyone could answer a question for me.ive been on opfa but moved to BTEA last year.ive just finished one year of a two year course.if i was to get offered a job which is part time and i did not go back to finish my course,would i automatically go back on OPFA.i know i would be deducted if i earned more than allowed,but just wondered if it was a big deal ringing them to tell them im not goin back to course,i dont want turn down the job if i am lucky enough to get it.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭eire2009

If the job is only P/T you can get the BTEA and work up to 21 hr(not sure if this amount is more) So you could be better off + get a piece of paper aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

You can still attend college on OPF, and earn up to 425 a week. You don't have to be in receipt of BTEA in order to attend college while geting OPF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭nojunkmaill

cAr0l wrote: »
    You can still attend college on OPF, and earn up to 425 a week. You don't have to be in receipt of BTEA in order to attend college while geting OPF.

You won't get the book allowance though and you will be means tested on your earnings as per any OPF claim. You can work on BTEA outside normal college hours, this isn't means tested.

If you have finished one year in college, for the summer you go back on to your original payment, so you are on OPF at the minute I presume. It reverts automatically.

Advertisement