Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hooky's twitter hump over sky ads

• 04-08-2010 1:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

the Hook-meister is on the defensive over the sky ads...personally i'm suprised he wrote the script!!!

http://twitter.com/ghook
    @jimxcomet absolutely worth it!!!!

@jimxcomet I certainly will never convince you but I did the SKY ad and do not need to apologise

@TheCountOfSix Sadly I did not do it free - SKY when I last looked was not a registered charity

Every word of the SKy script was written by me - it is my honest opinion of a service I admire and use

I am absolutely taking Murdoch'd dollar but if Rugby were free to air I would still be watching it with live pause and series link

RT @derektroy: George, you berated them as the death of Thomond Park and Irish Rugby when H-Cup went to Sky, your taking Murdoch's dollar

Long before I ever took a shilling from SKY I considered their service second to none - is just me ?? That is why I agreed to do it

How did Ivan do in my absence?? At least he could stay in bed in the mornings!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

So, he wrote them himself. That explains how bloody awful they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Please tell me this isn't turning into a clone of [snip - "ANOTHER RADIO FORUM"]... this is just one of a few threads that have appeared there mere hours beforehand.

Back on topic... Are George Hook's Sky ads even on the radio?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Bard wrote: »
    Back on topic... Are George Hook's Sky ads even on the radio?...
    Yeah they are. Personally, I believe Hooky is quite right to make the commercials. Make hay while the sun shines!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Sure he's right.

As long as DISCERNINGlisteners realise the lad is getting paid, I say again, getting paid, for what he says.

Now if you are stupid enough to accept Georgies word on everything, fair enough, but just realise he is getting paid, and paid well to promote Sky.

Now he may well be telling the truth, but just remember, trousering a lot of dosh.
    ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I am absolutely taking Murdoch'd dollar but if Rugby were free to air I would still be watching it with live pause and series link
    So he only promotes it cos he uses it.. eh? Next you'll have me believing that Littlewoods actually DO have clothes large enough to fit Caroline Morahan..

• Advertisement
Advertisement