Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build, can't get it working

Options
  • 04-08-2010 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Just wondering if theres anyone that can help me. Just finished building new rig tonight. well just try to get all the components together. but everytime i start it up im getting red q led light for CPU on motherboard (Rampage 3 extreme. can't understand why. I installed everything perfect. Im so tiered right now. if theres anyone that can help me please let me know.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

- Are all the cables in? ATX12V/EPS12V is a real hoe for getting lost in the rush and the CPU runs off that cable! :eek:
    - Are all the cables in properly? Loose SATA and mobo cables come to mind :o
    - Is the CPU cooler fitted properly? This is actually worse for smaller coolers as they use the dreaded push-pins instead of a mounting plate...
    - Have you reset the CMOS? This is a very common choking point - mobo no likey rig at factory settings and can't stay up long enough to choose the suitable default for the CPU or memory :o

After that its time for bed :o And tomorrow you can start stripping it and testbenching it with minimum boots and figure out what component(s) are making it choke :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

nothing worse when a first build wont start pm me im up for a hour more if i can help i will

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

massy086 wrote: »
    nothing worse when a first build wont start pm me im up for a hour more if i can help i will

Why not post on here so we can all learn and see how it goes.

sorry just thought he could pm me his im it would be easy,r and quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

Hi Lads, thanks. im just to sleepy to go through it all again. if anyone not doing anything tomorrow. i will pay one of yous to have a look at it. heads wrecked but got to get up early in the morning. let me know im located in ballyfermot all day tomorrow, its where me business is. night lads

• Advertisement

Post here if you can cone out to me tomorrow. I will pay 50 euro. Becuase I know I'm just missing something noob. You guy would see it and figure it out in seconds i say. This is me first build. So i say it something simple I'm missing.

im out that way ill pm my number

Just want to thank Massy086, Computer is working great. thanks mate. you are the man.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Come on massy don't hold out on us, What did you do? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Yeah Massy, enlighten us:pac:

• Advertisement

firstly what a pc corsair 800d i7 980 asus rampage 3 twin 5970,s ssd sweet machine it was two things the cpu was kicking back errors so i had to re-seat that i think to much tim and ram was in the wrong slots but all in all great build and a supper nice guy glad its sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

firstly what a pc corsair 800d i7 980 asus rampage 3 twin 5970,s ssd
    Oh, what I would do for that machine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

firstly what a pc corsair 800d i7 980 asus rampage 3 twin 5970,s ssd sweet machine it was two things the cpu was kicking back errors so i had to re-seat that i think to much tim and ram was in the wrong slots but all in all great build and a supper nice guy glad its sorted

*nerdgasm*

ye big time lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

god damn thats some machine :) twin 5970's :eek: are you going to the moon or something :) that would be a right kick in the arse to not get working with how much it would have cost you

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

Valdez your a legend! - So modest about your rig, we demand pics in the pictures thread,

and fair play to you massy! I'd be very nervous reseating a i7 980 in case I would drop it or brick it on Valdez!!! Balls of steel!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Connavar wrote: »
    Oh, what I would do for that machine

Yes, what would you do exactly? ;)

5uspect wrote: »
    I don't think boards is the appropriate place for that kind of talk :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

5uspect wrote: »
    Connavar wrote: »
    I don't think boards is the appropriate place for that kind of talk :D

It is here! ;):p

Solitaire wrote: »
    It is here! ;):p
    If boob staring can get me that pc then yes:)

• Advertisement

zappb wrote: »
    Valdez your a legend! - So modest about your rig, we demand pics in the pictures thread,

and fair play to you massy! I'd be very nervous reseating a i7 980 in case I would drop it or brick it on Valdez!!! Balls of steel!
    its only a cpu very hard to damage :D:D:D

Thanks Again Massy, im still getting a red light for the ram. I cant get the ram to run at the right speed 2000mhz (CMT6GX3M3A2000C8) Thats the ram code. think ram my not be compatible. red light goes off after awhile and system starts np. so I don't know if thats a big problem or not. here a pic, I Will take a better on tomorrow with better camera and better when im finished the build planning on getting watercooling loop going. just got to figure out how to do it lol.

photo.JPG

can you link the ram were u bought it and i can check the specs cheers
    ps order them cables get that case clean looking ye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

holy!!!! how much did that cost you Valdez :D go tidy up the cables and take some nice pics to show us!

Advertisement