Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Game Patches & Updates via USB

• 04-08-2010 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering if I could download updates or patches for Xbox 360 games with a USB Stick.I don't have Xbox Live so I can't download the patches for some of my glitchier games via Live.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Not really. If you could hook up your drive to the computer you could access the Cache/SystemUpdate folder and apply Title Updates downloaded via various sites :)

You can't access these folders via the xbox 360 software

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

I'm not sure about using a USB, but one way of doing it is to go to Xbox.com and find the relevant updates/patches, download them to a CD/DVD and then install to your Xbox like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Apparently it is possible to update your xbox with a usb. Here is the guide on how to do it. I'd imagine you could do something similar for games. Just have a google.

Advertisement