Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank you

Options
  • 04-08-2010 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to say a MASSIVE thank you to the person who took the time and and energy to drop my car key into Mill Street today.

Was out last night (Monday) and whilst pondering around Eyre Square, my bag strap broke causing EVERYTHING in my bag to very casually puke the contents all over the ground, including my car key, which I very stupidly had left loose on its own in my bag.

So after a long day in recovery after last night, I went to drive home from my friends house, only to find no car key... And my only spear was locked in the car to my dismay... (For the record, yes I'm an idiot...)

So just wanted to say a seriously massive thank you to the person who found it in Eyre Square and who took the effort to walk down to Mill Street and hand it in. Honestly, I have no words as to how grateful and thankful I am to you.

It's a long shot, but if you are on boards reading this, I take my hat off to you. No words could describe my feelings when the Guard handed it back to me. I am just so glad I live in a city where there are still honest and decent people.

UP GALWAY :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

fend wrote: »
    Just wanted to say a MASSIVE thank you to the person who took the time and and energy to drop my car key into Mill Street today.

Was out last night (Monday) and whilst pondering around Eyre Square, my bag strap broke causing EVERYTHING in my bag to very casually puke the contents all over the ground, including my car key, which I very stupidly had left loose on its own in my bag.

So after a long day in recovery after last night, I went to drive home from my friends house, only to find no car key... And my only spear was locked in the car to my dismay... (For the record, yes I'm an idiot...)

So just wanted to say a seriously massive thank you to the person who found it in Eyre Square and who took the effort to walk down to Mill Street and hand it in. Honestly, I have no words as to how grateful and thankful I am to you.

It's a long shot, but if you are on boards reading this, I take my hat off to you. No words could describe my feelings when the Guard handed it back to me. I am just so glad I live in a city where there are still honest and decent people.

UP GALWAY :D

Interesting choice of words...bags puke? very graphic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

You're welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Where they Audi Car keys ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Where they Audi Car keys ? ;)

They weren't :rolleyes: ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Then it wasn't me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Shows what a friendly, great city galway is.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's brilliant!

In a week we've had someone do their utmost best to give descriptions of charity robbing scum which might have resulted in their arrest and someone kindly handing in keys to Mill Street.

You gotta love Galway don't ya?!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

fend wrote: »
    It's a long shot, but if you are on boards reading this, I take my hat off to you.
    Be careful you don't lose it. :pac:

That must be a massive relief, I'd freak if I lost my car keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

:) Nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Galway people can be decent to the core. I love stories like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

That's a great story. Bet you were relieved OP!

Advertisement