Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonded DSL router ?

• 04-08-2010 2:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi, can anybody recommend a good bonded dsl router, Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

It will only be of use if your ISP supports bonding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You also of course may need 2 x LLU DSL lines. Ordinary "bitstream" is unlikely to be supported. Try Magnet, Digiweb.

If your ISP supports Bonding you can use two ordinary DSL modems (on two lines in Bridged mode, i.e. Routers turned off) and any suitable hardware with at least 3 ethernet ports running Linux and/or OpenWRT to implement it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

iv been looking at a few routers with the capability i was kind of hoping someone had used one of them and could give me their opinion on how good or bad it was i.e. reliability and build quality.

i know whats required to make it work i was hoping for a view point on the hardware as opposed to whats required to make the hardware work

thanks in advance

Advertisement