Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need suggestions. :)

Options
  • 04-08-2010 2:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a tattoo on Sunday that I've been dying to get for a long time now.
    I always wanted it on my neck, but not in solid black writing for it's on my neck and also, I don't want the entire universe to see it.
    It's not that I'll be ashamed of it or anything like that, just for future wise, i don't want to be an old granny with a wrinkly fat neck tattoo and also profession wise.

I always knew that I couldn't get it in solid white, cause it'll end up peachy and looking like crap. I was talking to the artist today and he was basically saying that some of it could be solid black and the rest in shading, with white.

Are there any other suggestions out there?
    If not I'm thinking of relocating to somewhere else. I currently have a tattoo just below where my neck and spine meet [yeah, i know they're all connected] I was thinking on my wrist but I'll get pissed off looking at it all the time, and wrist tattoos appear to be this season's tramp stamp. I'm kinda looking for a place that won't immigrate south, or whatever, and I guess that I could easily coverup if I need too?

Can anyone help me out, tattoo or location wise? I'd really appreciate more input :) Sorry for the thread being massive!

Oh and the tattoo say's 'Loyalty' in flowing cursive font!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I don't know where abouts on your neck you could get it without everybody being able to see it really?
    Neck tattoos are a fairly big commitment surely?
    I wouldn't be doing it if you think you'd get pissed off looking at it yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

It would be on the back of my neck,
    under my hair.

I'm definitely thinking of moving it to around my ankle, or ribs. [yes, i know they hurt]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

neck tattoos on the back of the neck are virtually invisible, nobody notices mine and i've short hair, as for ribs they're not sore

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

for ribs they're not sore

jesus i found the rib genral area to be tender, but as for the op,

when you are happy on design or varations of it ask the artist to put the stencil in maybe your 2 favourite loactions and then decide?

neck tattoos on the back of the neck are virtually invisible, nobody notices mine and i've short hair, as for ribs they're not sore

Jakers, haven't seen you in ages! Thought you may have disappeared off the face of the planet...or maybe just boards.
    And I didn't know you'd a neck tattoo? Did you back in the Castleforbes days?

• Advertisement

I disappeared off boards/earth since I moved out. Yup had one since i was 18.(which proves what i say about them not being that visible)

I disappeared off boards/earth since I moved out. Yup had one since i was 18.(which proves what i say about them not being that visible)

What is it?

got it on my back in the end.
    Couldn't be happier, absolutely love it :D

Thats fairly big for a word, any plans on adding some decoration?

Not at the moment, i'm really loving it. I know I want to add more eventually but not for now.
    Next, is the side piece :)

• Advertisement

how much did yer tatt cost btw and what the side piece planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

that script looks really good

It was eighty, brian in Wildcat did it for me.
    Side piece... I've wanted a lotus since I was like 17, never had enough money to get it so when I've money next I'm gonna make a side piece out of it :)

ha I've a lotus :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

You should get *BAM* on your other knee so when you are fighting it will add in special effects! :pac:

bahahahaha no but might get that and kapow on the top of my feet for a laugh!

car or flower? :P

Ha ha well I've no interest in cars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

Anna Molly wrote: »
    I'm getting a tattoo on Sunday that I've been dying to get for a long time now.
    I always wanted it on my neck, but not in solid black writing for it's on my neck and also, I don't want the entire universe to see it.
    It's not that I'll be ashamed of it or anything like that, just for future wise, i don't want to be an old granny with a wrinkly fat neck tattoo and also profession wise.

I always knew that I couldn't get it in solid white, cause it'll end up peachy and looking like crap. I was talking to the artist today and he was basically saying that some of it could be solid black and the rest in shading, with white.

Are there any other suggestions out there?
    If not I'm thinking of relocating to somewhere else. I currently have a tattoo just below where my neck and spine meet [yeah, i know they're all connected] I was thinking on my wrist but I'll get pissed off looking at it all the time, and wrist tattoos appear to be this season's tramp stamp. I'm kinda looking for a place that won't immigrate south, or whatever, and I guess that I could easily coverup if I need too?

Can anyone help me out, tattoo or location wise? I'd really appreciate more input :) Sorry for the thread being massive!

Oh and the tattoo say's 'Loyalty' in flowing cursive font!

hey i have a one just below the top of my spine/base of neck.
    wasnt sore at all and mine is solid black tribal design. its not too big, and i have to say it looks good and i have it done around 8 years now.im actually in the process of getting it extended down my back.
    as for wrist tattoo's i have one about 4 years now before they were popular, im raging everyone is getting them there now, i hate "common" tattos like stars and chinese writing because they arent unique, my wrist tattoo is my name in arabic which ive seen very few people with.
    i got mine done in dragon tatoo on talbot street. they are very nice buit you can be waiting ages to be seen.
    i think the secret to loving your tattoos even after years is to think outside the box create your own drawing trhen you know nobody else will ever have it so it'll always be unique :)
    happy tattooing :)

Advertisement