Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Place in Wexford?

Options
  • 04-08-2010 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

So where is it? I have a few...

Edenvale - So beautiful down there! Lovely walk and even managed to spot a stoat/ferret like animal down by the river one day!

The Quarry Barntown - Just so beautiful and the view is amazing - Have many memories of up around it!

The Sand Bank in Wexford Harbour - I row with Ferrycarrig Rowing Club and during training for the Celtic Challenge we rowed out to it then ran the whole way across it and back... It was amazing!! So beautiful!

Ferrycarrig Castle - Its just so peaceful up there!

I'll prob be back with a few more!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

287-306cwTheAntiqueTavern.jpg

287-309cwTheAntiqueTavern.jpg

The Antique Tavern, Enniscorthy - sitting on a bar stool with my back to the partition clutching a pint of Guinness while watching the All Blacks dispatch their latest victims. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

Dunna Orr, Borodale :) Aahh! fond memories

or a high stool at the Rasher Counter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Ferrycarrig Park when there is no match on. Very peaceful just looking out over the immaculate pitch. That's where I go to think things out

Other than that, on the Slaney in a small boat between Ferrycarrig Bridge and Killurin

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

"or a high stool at the Rasher Counter"

Jesus! Paddy Furlong's?????

My own favourite place would probably be Ballinesker. Memories of pure gold...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Darios - late on a saturday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

cool thread......i also love the quarry,
    but i have to say the place i love the most is my dads garden, not a manufactured landscaped type garden just lots of big old trees and plenty of flowers, totally secluded. and a big oak with a swing, tis cool.
    thats where i go to think.........have a smoke or just get away from everyone when im down home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

The woods around carrig river were pretty cool. I'm not sure about my favourite beach - spoilt for choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

287-306cwTheAntiqueTavern.jpg

287-309cwTheAntiqueTavern.jpg

The Antique Tavern, Enniscorthy - sitting on a bar stool with my back to the partition clutching a pint of Guinness while watching the All Blacks dispatch their latest victims. :D

Ha Ha!! When those pictures were taken, there would have been no telly in the place to watch the rugby on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

Johnstown Castle...

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

Sammy's snug in Duncormick on Sunday afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

can someone give me directions to Barntown quarry, never been but fancy it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Murtinho wrote: »
    can someone give me directions to Barntown quarry, never been but fancy it tomorrow

Same, heard its a great place for cliff jumping and swimming.

This may help
    http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,699489,620826,5

Go out the New Ross road, through the roundabout, and next left up Ballindinas.
    Follow map linked above you have previously printed out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Taghmon, lived there for 3 years absoulutly nothin to do there but the pubs were great lol

Murtinho wrote: »

Head out Duncannon line from Wex, turn right at Mountain Bar. Up the hill through two crossroads and then take next right (at Bowen Construction site). Head down that road until you see Notice of Proposed Development on left - turn in there and quarry is on right

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fatswaldo

Hook Head - with a gale blowing. It sure clears the cobwebs if you feeling blue!

Fatswaldo wrote: »
    Hook Head - with a gale blowing. It sure clears the cobwebs if you feeling blue!
    Or Green!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Tintern abbey and grounds.
    Curracloe beach, when the crowds have gone home.
    Duncannon fort-the walls almost speak their history.
    Vinegar hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

Three Rocks Monument on Forth Mountain - panoramic vioews from the Comeraghs to the Wicklow Mountains and of course the Blackstairs. Fantastic during the snow earlier this year !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Sitting on Vinegar Hill on a warm day looking down on the town.

A stroll down by Raven Point with the herself and the son... up through the woods, back along the beach.

A stroll through Johnstown Castle.. just not at the moment because you have to pay to get in during the summer whereas the rest of the year it's free.

St. Helen's Bay for sunrise photos.

Hook Head for sunset photos.

• Advertisement

Supertech wrote: »
    Three Rocks Monument on Forth Mountain - panoramic vioews from the Comeraghs to the Wicklow Mountains and of course the Blackstairs. Fantastic during the snow earlier this year !!

Is that monument the one up on the hill on the right soon after passing the Ferrycarrig Hotel on way into Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

Bazbu wrote: »
    Is that monument the one up on the hill on the right soon after passing the Ferrycarrig Hotel on way into Wexford?
    No it's further on from Ferrycarrig than that (3rd exit off the New Ross roundabout, first left at the sign for Paul Moloney pottery, up the hill until you can't go any further and then right The one you've mentioned is the Crimean War Memorial which I think is accessed from the Heritage Park.

I was swimming in barntown quarry this evening. WOW! Amazing place, absolutely beautiful! The water was like a luke warm bath once you got into it.

39225_417042371501_634481501_5309943_4750967_n.jpg

Sorry for the bad focus, was a friend using my camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭gossipgal08

How do you get to Edenvale? Is it a village or woods?

How do you get to Edenvale? Is it a village or woods?

Coming from the Wexford road if you take the Crossabeg turn and then take a left at the pub and the next right a bit down the road. Follow this road for about a mile (Its pretty narrow with lots of turns) Until you get to a cross. Take a right at the cross and then on your left you should see a dirt lane. Follow that for about 10 minutes and it'll bring you to the top of Edenvale.

You'll see the lane around here

http://www.google.ie/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=52.393673,-6.489315&spn=0.008695,0.022788&t=h&z=16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

JayEnnis wrote: »
    Coming from the Wexford road if you take the Crossabeg turn and then take a left at the pub and the next right a bit down the road. Follow this road for about a mile (Its pretty narrow with lots of turns) Until you get to a cross. Take a right at the cross and then on your left you should see a dirt lane. Follow that for about 10 minutes and it'll bring you to the top of Edenvale.

You'll see the lane around here

http://www.google.ie/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=52.393673,-6.489315&spn=0.008695,0.022788&t=h&z=16

Sounds a bit like the Garmin Ad. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭gossipgal08

Is it a woods?

Yeah its a wooded area with a river running through it and a pretty cool waterfall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Carnivan bay just up from Fethard absolutely amazing place and then just to walk a couple of mins around the corner is Baginbun bay and the contrast is unreal

Advertisement