Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Universe Online Trailer Hd WOW WOW WOW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That was definitely interesting.
    Superman makes an extremely epic entrance

I'd want to hear a lot more about this game before I made any judgement call though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

A good start would be signing up for the Beta then Overheal. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

gizmo wrote: »
    A good start would be signing up for the Beta then Overheal. :)

All I saw was ps3. Immediate assumption its been dumbed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The last MMO beta I was in made me want to split my own hair. n'thx

Though the title could have just been woefully unoptimized.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Signed up for the beta there. Looks good from the trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Pfft, no good, no Saint of Killers from the Preacher comic books, fail fail fail !

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

interesting, though startrek online was interesting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I say the PC version will be popular at first and then die a death after about a month or so. It does seem an awful lot like Champions Online, as in a more action orientated MMO. The DC name on it might make some stick around longer.

The PS3 version will probably do well as there really isn't anything like it on that console.

Hopefully it'll add something new to the MMO mix. And hell, if nothing else, it's got a hell of a cast. Mark Hamill's Joker is worth trying it for a month at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

That was one of the most Epic game trailers i have seen in years. Looks like Marvel has soem serious competition when it comes to video games. Cool to see Kevin Conroy and Mark Hammil reprise their roles as Batman and Joker.
    One thing though, i read somewhere that you have to subscribe, as in pay, to play online. I'm assuming it'd be kinda like World of Warcraft that way? If this is true, then i reckon i could give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I assume there'll be a free month when one purchases the game? I'm intrigued by this, I've never played more than five minutes of any MMO.

The trailer is pretty magnificent, it really highlights the high production values of the game (like The Old Republic).

• Advertisement

I don't think they've officially stated it's a monthly subscription game, but I'd say that it's a safe bet it is.

I just looked it up on Wikipedia and there's a few people on the cast that I didn't know about. Deidrich Bader (I think he's hilarious) is Solomon Grundy, Powers Booth is Gorilla Grod, Tony "Candyman" Todd is Darkseid and the mighty Ron Pearlman is Deathstroke. It's shaping up quite nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Trailer is pretty awesome alright. The game itself is getting a luke warm reception from gaming sites though (previews).

humanji wrote: »
    I don't think they've officially stated it's a monthly subscription game, but I'd say that it's a safe bet it is.
    Indeed they have, it's going to be $14.99 per month.

The loss of cross platform play is disappointing though. :(

Yeah, I was a bit pissed off with that. I would prefer to play it on PC, but my mate only has a PS3 and will undoubtedly want to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Reminds me of the Dawn of War 2 trailer -
    it looks like someone's victorious, then *BAM*... third party waiting in the wings - like the other two 'raptors you didn't even know were there!
    Overheal wrote: »
    Superman makes an extremely epic entrance

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2571/4054131953_bc4a0d2949_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Signed up for Beta as well, that into was pretty awesome. I hope the game can live up to the hype that its going to generate from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ChuckNorrisgod

Its a Mega cool trailer but I'd watch that in the cinema if they ever released it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Yeah, cool trailer. Too bad the actual game won't look anything at all like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

When I saw this thread, I knew I wasn't going to be getting this game cuz I wouldn't pay monthly to play a game and neither would my friends but that is def one of the best game trailers I ever saw!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

That was more like a short film than a game trailer, very cool though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Think this is going to end up like WoW in tights.

...or like City of Heroes / Villians or Champions Online? :)

Advertisement