Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i block a number from phone!

Options
  • 04-08-2010 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

hi im wondering can i block one number from my phone so that i cant call or text it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

If you don't want to call or text a number, don't :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭michellegavigan

alchol! lol

I know O2 don't block numbers so I don't think it is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭michellegavigan

unfortunatly i know the munber off by heart lol, you would think in this day and age you could block a number quite easily

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Is it possible to block incoming calls from a number (i.e. nuisance calls ) ?

unfortunatly i know the munber off by heart lol, you would think in this day and age you could block a number quite easily

To be honest, if you can't stop contacting this number, it appears you have several issues. I find it bizarre. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Covey wrote: »
    Is it possible to block incoming calls from a number (i.e. nuisance calls ) ?

On some of the newer phones, I can do it on my E71

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

On some of the newer phones, I can do it on my E71

Yes, it depends on the phone. My HTC Desire has some stock options to blacklist a number or route it directly to voicemail etc, and you can download apps from the Android Market for this, but I know there was an app for my old Nokia 5800 that did something similar.

Maybe get the other person to install one of these?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

Vodafone have their 'safety net' application for some phones that would allow you to block a call/text to a particular number if you wanted.
    http://www.vodafone.ie/vlive/safetynet/mobilemanager/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

iirc my 5200 had a way of doing it , look up the manual on your phone

Advertisement