Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Boards.ies Pokemon Podcast idea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Just to let you know Metapodcast is live and uploaded on the sly. Listen to us rant on at www.buzzthebatgirl.podbean.com

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just after listening to it. Pretty good. Guys, sort your mics out!

EDIT: 'We love you Metapoooood!' made me lol ridiculously :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I know, I just have the mic built into my laptop so you can hear the laptop fan. Will try another mic next time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Next time lads if ye could try sit as far back from the laptop pc as possible, it will reduce any noise from it. Also if you are using a built in mic, maybe try wearing headphones to reduce the feedback. Unfortunatly, i couldnt do anything about that annoying buzzing sound near the end without making it sound like ye were in space. Idealily a single headphone/mic headset would work best.

My personal fav part was 'SQUIRREL'

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Rabbit shooting out eggs everywhere! Hilarious, I was in stitches:D

Well done guys, great job.

Very exciting to find the podcast on itunes too.

• Advertisement

Wobbuffet wrote: »
    Rabbit shooting out eggs everywhere! Hilarious, I was in stitches:D

Well done guys, great job.

Very exciting to find the podcast on itunes too.

It's on iTunes now, but I'm having problems downloading it, could just be the connection I'm using at the moment though.

We know our faults from doing the first show so we can only improve. If our hosts wanted I'm sure we could arrange a recording in my gaff some evening. I have a few USB mikes from various Wii singing games we could use. Failing all that we do have Skype and faithful MSN backup.

I need to write a topics list later this week too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Right, I'm only really getting around to listening to it now, barely started but I can definitely tell if you're going to continue it over Skype or something like that, you definitely should record everyone else in the chat via Stereo Mix or something like that. As it was it sounds like you're recording a conference call in a meeting room :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

Hey just to say well done with the podcast, just a few ideas for the next one.

Next time maybe try and get a clearer mic for the lads, or try and met up with buzz in person for the recording!

Try to link the topics together similar to how you went to Vaporean to dream world. But don't backtrack to much on to previous topics. Just keep it rolling.

Try to avoid terms that may be seen as offensive to some. Like very *gay* looking... try a different phrase or something.

The banter between Buzz and Kevin was good, but Shane needs to speak up a bit more. It seamed to more a two person show with Shane as a kind of *guest speaker*. ---Guest Speakers on the show might be a good idea for later on.

I liked the idea of commenting on some of the battle videos, maybe set up a youtube account for the podcast so people would know the battles your talking about. With Facebook and /or twitter to help promote.

Try and maybe come come up with a cool catch-phrase for signing off.

Anyway thats my thoughts on the show, it was really good well done all!

Best bit was defo damming the listeners!!

When is the next podcast happening??

SamIAmNot wrote: »
    Hey just to say well done with the podcast, just a few ideas for the next one.

Next time maybe try and get a clearer mic for the lads, or try and met up with buzz in person for the recording!

Try to link the topics together similar to how you went to Vaporean to dream world. But don't backtrack to much on to previous topics. Just keep it rolling.

Try to avoid terms that may be seen as offensive to some. Like very *gay* looking... try a different phrase or something.

The banter between Buzz and Kevin was good, but Shane needs to speak up a bit more. It seamed to more a two person show with Shane as a kind of *guest speaker*. ---Guest Speakers on the show might be a good idea for later on.

I liked the idea of commenting on some of the battle videos, maybe set up a youtube account for the podcast so people would know the battles your talking about. With Facebook and /or twitter to help promote.

Try and maybe come come up with a cool catch-phrase for signing off.

Anyway thats my thoughts on the show, it was really good well done all!

Best bit was defo damming the listeners!!

When is the next podcast happening??
    I was hoping to get the next one up and running this week, but I completely forgot I'm away from tomorrow (Wednesday) to next Monday. If anyone wants to do a recording for this week and wants to post it up I'll pass on the details

I'm actually kind of busy the rest of this week too :(

• Advertisement

I'm actually kind of busy the rest of this week too :(
    Perhaps the best time for the next episode recording could be next Wednesday, since we all seem to be busy with life and stuffs. Anyone new like to join the Metapodcast team on the next episode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I would, if I could think of anything productive to say. I'm only cloistered for the next 3 days anyway.

If you really want to hear what I have to say, then by all means I'll pop in.

Hey here is a sample battle video i found if you do that youtube channel idea, you could do something similar to this and add your own bits to it!! looking forward to hearing thee next episode.

I'm sorry, why the hell is there a tosser making money from machinima with WiFi battles, when he's doing the extremely noobish thing of stretching the DS' 4:3 screen into a 16:9 video? I mean seriously...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Well he's actually quite a famous Call Of Duty commentator, and he must enjoy pokemon, and he's trying to branch out perhaps? Cut him some slack, aspect ratio isn't a huge deal.

Kersmash wrote: »
    Well he's actually quite a famous Call Of Duty commentator, and he must enjoy pokemon, and he's trying to branch out perhaps? Cut him some slack, aspect ratio isn't a huge deal.
    I don't care about his aspect ratio, but I do hate his dull as dishwater commentary. "Here I switch in", switch happens, "here I get a Crit", Crit happens. Yes mate I can read the game text. I prefer doing live commentary, I don't know what about to happen, but know what should. It sound way more interesting to listen back.

HEY!
    Where's the new podcast?! I've been waiting all week to see how you do this week.....

*serious lack of scoial life ¬¬*

HEY!
    Where's the new podcast?! I've been waiting all week to see how you do this week.....

*serious lack of scoial life ¬¬*
    Due to life and general busyness, there has been a delay in the new Metapodcast. Hopefull I can pull Shane and Kevin out of Nom Con to go to my gaff (which is down the road) and record a new episode :)

I was thinking today after the meetup, what if we do a special "live at Nom-Con" episode? We could interview people in the tournament, give live commentary on battles and stuff :)

I'll play round with the voice recorder on my iphone or maybe download and app or something and see how it goes.

• Advertisement

I was thinking today after the meetup, what if we do a special "live at Nom-Con" episode? We could interview people in the tournament, give live commentary on battles and stuff :)
    I think I have two USB Mics and I don't have far to bring my laptop, so that could work :)

Hurray!

I wanna new podcast now!! :mad: Can't wait lol.

I wanna new podcast now!! :mad: Can't wait lol.
    I have no voice left after running he 6 hour NomCon action packed Pokemon tourny. I'd be up for trying a new Podcast during the week though :)

I'd be up for trying a new Podcast during the week though :)

I can definitely do Monday or Thursday, if you want me :P

TheChrisD wrote: »
    I can definitely do Monday or Thursday, if you want me :P
    If anyone is up for recording we could try it again on Thursday. I'm not sure how good my internet connection will be while I'm down in Cork, but I'll try is folks are wanting to record :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

If you'd like, I'd be able to contribute. I'd really like to be in a podcast ^^ The only problem would me having to set up a microphone. One of my microphone's bad quality and the other one is a turtlebreach headset (which is for the xbox360) but I think it works with the computer. =) Please just give me a PM if you need me, thanks. ^^

mulciber wrote: »
    the other one is a turtlebreach headset (which is for the xbox360) but I think it works with the computer. =)

Yes it does, just plug the mic jack into your computer.

If anyone is up for recording we could try it again on Thursday.

Actually, I completely forgot that I'm busy on Thursday evening with a meeting. If you want to go ahead that day and want me in it, it'd have to be early afternoon or after half ten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Yes it does, just plug the mic jack into your computer.

Ok, thanks ^^

Advertisement