Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chances of a mortgage

Options
  • 04-08-2010 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭

just wondering what are the chances of myself and herself getting mortgage approval.

Between us we would make around €68,000 per year Gross.
    both in secure jobs
    we both have car loans, mine is currently at around €7000-€8000, im not sure but i think hers is around €4000.
    neither us of have ever missed a payment on them, not in arrears.
    small bit of CC debt, around €500 so easily payable
    between us we would have a deposit saved
    we havent saved much in the past few months, but before that there is a solid history of saving

i know calling to the bank is the easiest thing but wanted to know peoples opinions here

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

it's impossible to say.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Depends how much you want to get but once you have the car loans clear and the jobs are stable the banks should oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

you should get one the car loans and lack of recent saving will seriously impact the amount offered though.

but you should get approval for something albeit a paltry amount I would suggest.

If I were you Id forget about looking for a mortgage at the moment. If you have a deposit saved your far better using that money to clear your car loans and credit card debt.

you will be getting a far better retun than having it invested in a savings account.

makes far more financial sence. why pay the bank somewhere between 9 - 18% apr on loans credit card debt when you have money sitting in a deposit account earning probably between 0 - 3% APR

once cleared start saving for your deposit again. Theres no rush house prices arent rising for the next while

Advertisement