Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone or Magnet????

• 04-08-2010 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi

Currently with Eircom (3mb) - have no problems with it but have been offerered the following broadband packages from my employer
    • Vodafone 8mb, fixed line
    • Vodafone 7mb wireless
    • Magnet 24mb fixed line
    I also do a good bit of online gaming and xbox live so I want a package that is at least as reliable/quick as my current package - Also would should I stay with Eircom for my line rental....any comments much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You will only get 8Mbps on Vodafone if your line can handle it. Otherwise there may be no improvement over what you currently have, except you won't be paying for it. It's the exact same thing anyway, as Vodafone just re-sell eircom broadband.

Vodafone wireless is 3G, you will never get 7Mbps, you may get nothing at all, and it will be in no way comparable to what you have now. Don't do this unless you need Internet access on the move.

Magnet 24Mbps is only available on certain exchanges, and you will get a speed that is dependant on your line length and quality. You may or may not get anything better than what you have now.

You cannot keep the line rental with eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 brendanf

Thanks for that, figured the wireless was dodgy but good to hear a 2nd opinion

Advertisement