Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of the country when offers come out?!

• 04-08-2010 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

I think the offers come out around the 23rd, is that right? I'm gone on holiday for a week from the 21st, help! Of course I can have someone open my post or whatever but are there forms to be filled up and sent to accept the offer? Do you have to do anything with your grant? Basically, is there anything offer related that can't be done by phone or email, or anything that you need to be there in person to do ie I can have someone fill out a simple form for me but is there anything I need to actually be there for? I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense but I'm in a real panic about it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Go to internet cafe
    go here
    Input your details
    ?????????
    Profit!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

It's that simple? Done by internet? Thank you I'm so relieved. I almost don't believe you though lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

Basically, all you'll have to do on the 23rd is log in to your CAO application on their website, and there'll be a window showing what course you've been offered. All you'll have to do is click Accept, and that'll be it. You'll have your course, and the CAO and your college will do the rest. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Ideally though, if you're gone for a prolonged period around the time, have someone at home who you trust to accept urgent phone calls or mail from the CAO. This would mainly be if you didn't get your first choice in first round offers, and got it in second round offers.

Otherwise though, the CAO website would be grand, especially if you get your first choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭salthillman

Do we not get the resuts on the 18th??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Do we not get the resuts on the 18th??
    Yup, and CAO offers on the 23rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭salthillman

Yup, and CAO offers on the 23rd
    Oh thank god, thought I had 5 more days to dread....!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Oh thank god, thought I had 5 more days to dread....!

Well you kinda do. You won't know for sure if you got your course. Of course you can be very sure, but not 100%. Regardless, I just wish it was already here.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

I wish it was here already too, both dates. I feel sick just thinking about it. On the one hand it's a bit annoying that I'm on holiday for the offers because it's awkward but on the other I'm glad because it might be a distraction!

Advertisement