Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asshole neighbours

• 04-08-2010 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭mecanoman

Not the biggest problem in the world, but this bugs the sh*t out of me.
    New neighbour moves in 3 houses up from me, heard this almightly
    thumpin/bongo music coming from the street.

Look out the window, its coming out of he's car radio. He's walking around
    he's wine coloured beat up 97 Almera cleaning/admiring it.

Last night around 7 something the same, same noise expect this time he's
    fixing its exhaust while he's 4 small kids are running around on the road.

So i just snapped, walked out said "Hi bud, you couldn't turn it down a bit"
    He actually looked shocked, but he did. :)
    How fecking loud do you need your car to be.

Oh i can see problems ahead.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

He turned down his music when you asked him, yet he is still an asshole? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Sure if he turned it down whats the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

His just expressing he's self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

WindSock wrote: »
    He turned down his music when you asked him, yet he is still an asshole? :confused:

A '97, car-proud Almera owner will always be an asshole, loud music or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Think that'll be all anyone else has to say in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭mecanoman

Thats true, but why need it so loud in the first place.
    So i figured that made him an asshole, no consideration of any one round him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

mecanoman wrote: »
    Thats true, but why need it so loud in the first place.
    So i figured that made him an asshole, no consideration of any one round him.

(some) Music sounds better louder. Maybe he was testing the boundries of his new neighbourhood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

/Thread, problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Thread title = OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

his kids are running around outside?! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Was listening to some tunes from my car, whilst fixing its exhaust the other day and my neighbour comes down the street riding some sort of contraption that looked almost like a bicycle.. he asked me to turn down the music, so i did..

As he was turning to make his way home i shouted "hey, whats that thing made of?"

he replied "It's Mecano, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

walked out said "Hi bud,

*shakes head*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

you down on him cos he is (or wants to be) black?

i haven't heard somebody actually describe music like that since 1997. 'ahhhh you kids and your thump thump thump music - nar a rythmn in it at all at all'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

zuroph wrote: »
    he's kids are running around outside?! :eek:

FYP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I am living 3 doors down from you and the first bit of contact I have had with you is you moaning about a bit of music. I turned down the music when you asked but then I discover you are on Boards mouthing off that you forsee trouble. Well Bud you have fcuking found it. I am going to make your life hell , just you wait till I get out my own bongos and call all my bongo playing friends , I'll show you.

Also don't assume my kids are going to be trouble because they are outside their own house minding their own business.
    You try doing the same.

In case you haven't guessed I am not the OP's neighbour but if I was I foresee a slap in his future

No matter where they went in Ireland, Donkey and Diddy never felt accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Don't worry. I wouldnt say he thinks you're an asshole based on that one incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Your First thread in AH isn't going so well OP :p

I listen to music all the time while I'm working on the Car / Bike.
    Its not exactly blaring or anything but it's loud enough from the house for me to hear while I'm under the car in the driveway.

If a neighbour asked me to turn it down, no problem and I'd make an effort to keep it lower in future.
    But I've never had a complaint... so I assume that it isn't bothering anyone.

OP sounds like that grumpy old man in the estate who gives out about kids playing on the road after 9pm in the summer and never gives back a ball that went into his garden :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

OP should have a nice mug of bovril, get the grandkids back home, throw on the slippers and dressing gown and tune into joe duffy - joe might actually give a s'hit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Wazdakka wrote: »
    OP sounds like that grumpy old man in the estate who gives out about kids playing on the road after 9pm in the summer and never gives back a ball that went into his garden :mad:

Proper bloody order. 9 O Clock sounds bloody late to me . I heard laughing outside my house last week. Whats the world coming to !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Never lived near an asshole before. Saying that, I've never seen an asshole drive a car before. Must be quite a sight! How does it steer?

Never lived near an asshole before. Saying that, I've never seen an asshole drive a car before. Must be quite a sight! How does it steer?

Cheekily....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

op

You are the arsehole neighbor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Your neighbour is allowed play his music as loud as he wants up until 11p.m. It was nice of him to turn it down for you...he could have told you to f*ck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

He sounds like a nice guy.
    7 o clock in my area brings the sound of lawn mowers, playing children and people fixing or vaccuming their cars.
    Nobody complains because its not so late.
    Why didn't you stroll up to him and chat to him for a while, now he has a moany neighbour who he wont get on with.

why does hey bud sounds so threatening ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭30H!3

You have the wrong number!!!!!!!!! Helllllooooooo!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

If the music was excessively loud then yes i'd turn it down a bit, some people are inconsiderate pricks.

If the music wasn't that loud & i detected you were just being a nosey whinger i'd ask you to fcuk off back indoors & mind your own business.....bud.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

7pm is night time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I had a neighbour once that did a series of things he shouldnt. to cut a very long story short i informed his missus that if i ever see him again im going to kill him.

Incredibly for somone that lives beside us i didnt see him for over a year.

I removed the snyper fatuwa.

We talk again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

asshole neighbours = the balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Shortly after moving into tha apartment i live in now, i was having a few people back from the pub, patio door was open for people to go out smoking when some aul one appeared from nowhere and told me to turn the music down and have some respect for my neighbours! Now i was only playing my ipod through a tiny set of travel speakers so how she heard it is beyond me, but in my haste to be a good neighbour i turned it down, apologised and closed the door.
    Now cut to 7 years later, i have had countless nights like that since, no one else has ever complained, but the very same aul one has caused murder with practicaly everyone around her, she has been arrested countless times, an ambulance is called to take her drunken ass off to hospital most weeks, i kid you not - at least 4 ambulances i counted in the past week (i was off work and her house faces mine directly), she screams and roars and makes a show of herself and her poor mortified son at least once a week every week.
    Point is, assholes neighbours do of course exist - they're usually the ones doing the complaining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

<spam snip>
    Is it on in the cinema? I might get a babysitter if it is!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Of course he is bud..he drives an Almera:rolleyes:

OP i feel a little bit more sympathy to you than the rest, but that's just because I do have asshole neighbours that live in the house next to me. One of the daughters thinks she's well cool or something, but in reality she's a tw*t like the rest of them, probably 5 days out of 7 she'll be out in the mothers car cleaning it, polishing it, generally poking at it, tbh I actually don't know what she spends all the time doing with it but having seen her car care methods I wouldn't let her anywhere even near mine if you paid me :rolleyes: But she has the music thumping out of it practically all day long everyday, and I'm talking proper thumping, tv has to be turned waaaay up if you've any hope of hearing it. Does get on your tits like constantly hearing a thump thump thump thump when you're just trying to relax...and she's a cheeky little sh*t too, asked her to turn it down because we had visitors and one of their baby's was sleeping in the car outside, so she did until I got back in the house then turned it up louder.

But if it's just a one off and not a constant basically daily thing like mine, chill out man! He is 3 doors away after all...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

A '97, car-proud Almera owner will always be an asshole, loud music or not.

Almeras are bad, but Polos are much, much worse. Death to Polo owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

The night before my Leaving Cert started, a house to the back of mine played some foreign rap song on repeat from seven til two in the morning at a very high level, then they had an extremely loud argument, the Gardai were called and that turned into a bigger argument... Sooo ehh.... :rolleyes:

Advertisement