Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tourists in Dublin

Options
  • 04-08-2010 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi Boardsies!
    I was hoping that your brilliant minds could help me out.

I have friends that are visiting Dublin for 2 days and I dont know what is worth their while in the area of Tourist places and sites to see!
    Also, could some one recomend a "Traditional Irish Pub" where there might be some Irish music playing?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the arlington hotel on the north quays has irish music 7 nights a week

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

Depends what your after. The Arflington will have traditional Irish music and Irish dancing. Gogarties in temple bar is probably a bit more lively but the price of a pint is outrageous so don't go there if yous are big drinkers.

I think the best pub in Dublin for trad and irish folk is the Celt on Talbot street. It has a hostel upstairs so is always lively full of people interested in that kind of thing. If you go on a friday night its all the Irish folk songs where they could be singing the likes of the Dubliners, Luke Kelly, Paddy Reilly, Christy Moore or others like that. IMO they'll probably enjoy that the best as it's the best craic and you can sing along.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

O'Donoughues on merrion row just off St Stephen's Green

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

The Cobblestone in Smithfield

Advertisement