Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking bottles on a flight!!!

• 04-08-2010 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

hello all,

Me and my husband are taking our 4 month on holidays for the 1st time soon, but i've no idea what the food/liquid restrictions are for babies! Can you take on bottles of formula for the baby through security and onto the plane. I know you must be able to, but with the crazy restrictions lately, I just wanted to check.

Thanks for your comments.
    little me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Yes but they make you drink a little of each bottle. I had an expressed bottle with me for a short flight so that was fun :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They let you take everything that you need.
    I usually take sealed cartons of milk,a bottle of water and baby juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pixysarah

just back from our holidays with my 5month old, we had cartons of milk on the way and bottles of water and formula on the way back. didn't have to drink either and noting was said. of course if you are traveling to London or the us they will be more strict.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭William72

Have travelled abroad with our babies for the last three summers and the answer in my experince is... depends who you get. Officially of course you can and officially you need to be prepared to have to take a sup but in all of my experiences (6) I've only had to do that once. Most times they will just know that baby food is baby food, bottles are bottles etc. and won't quiz you on it. Did have one lady ask me if my 500ml bottle of mineral water was for the baby though.. I said yes and she put it on through.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Baby liquids are ok.. anything under 100mls for everything else

http://www.aerlingus.com/media/aerlinguscom/content/files/prohib_items_factsheet.pdf

what gets me is they say bombs can be made with x amount of liquid... if you have 6 100ml seperate bottles of liquid, can't these be mixed together??:D

it's a daft law!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement