Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New to This

• 04-08-2010 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi everyone. I am new to this whole smartphone stuff. I am not terribly tech savvy either, I just got a Htc Hero a couple of weeks ago, and I have spent my time learning how to get to grips with texting and calling. I have gotten a few apps too. It updated itself and now it seems quite slow, especially the internet.

Does anyone have any points / tips on what I should do to speed it up, or just any tips in general?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

There is an App called Advance Task Killer which will stop apps running in the backgroung and improve speed and battery life.

Also have a look at this thread. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055658304

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tenzing

I have downloaded that app. Do I need to do anything for it to work, or does it work automatically?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Tenzing wrote: »
    I have downloaded that app. Do I need to do anything for it to work, or does it work automatically?

I don't have it yet myself. But I'd imagine if you click on the icon and then select kill from the new screen that that would be all you'd need to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Being the nice person that I am. I downloaded the app for you. All you need to do is open it up and select kill task at the top of the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

90% of the time using a task killer costs more power and slows your phone down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Tenzing

Thanks for the info. So Task Killer is not a good app then?

Advertisement