Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank misplacing documents

Options
  • 04-08-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭

Getting a name changed on my credit card for Mrs Trampas.

Filled in the form. Gave a copy of my marriage cert.

Bank will send it onto visa department and will issue another card.

So a month passed and no credit card. Rang and said the card was no reissued.

So a week later card arrives with old name on it.

So rang again and they told me that the name change never received the visa department and that I should contact the branch.

So I rang the branch and was speaking to the person who I was delaing with on the day and said I sent it off. So I asked him where it because the visa department never recieved it.

I asked is it floating around somewhere and he said no so I asked where it is but he couldn't say.

He was like I have a copy of it here so I can send it again and since it was original a copy that nothing to worry about.

I don't think he ever sent it cause he didn't really know what he was doing on the day.

You would think documents which contain a lot of sensitive information would be better handled.

Am I am wasting my time complaining about this cause it will be sweep under the carpet or maybe placed in the same pile my documents are? Presume it is not high enough to make a complaint to the financial regulator.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You can complain, but before you complain to the financial regulator you must complete the banks complaints procedure first. Ask them what it is - but until you've recieved a final response from them, you can't go to the Regulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Trampas

BuffyBot wrote: »
    You can complain, but before you complain to the financial regulator you must complete the banks complaints procedure first. Ask them what it is - but until you've recieved a final response from them, you can't go to the Regulator.

Thanks for the reply.

Will do

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭NewDirection

Thats not too bad. Once a certain bank misplaced my life assurance policy.

Glad I sent it registered post. Although the signed for it, opened it and filed it away in old mail, rather than putting it in my file. Idiots!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I would complain to the bank as these things shouldnt happen but do way too often. Nothing the regulator can do for you at the moment.

Advertisement