Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slip Sweet Shop

Options
  • 04-08-2010 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

I was a huge fan of these until today........

Thought I'd treat myself and Mr Happy to some apple drops, €2.00 per quarter at bit pricey but still I continued to checkout where I discovered the postage was €6.00!!

If I had bought it would have cost me €14.00 for 1lb of apple drops :eek:

As far as I can remember last year the sweets were €1.50 per 1/4 lb with free postage. Thats some feckin jump in price! I won't buy a thing from them again.

*rant over*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

I can't see how anyone couild sell a 1/4 of sweets AND give free postage. Postage for over 100g at small packet rate is €2.20 and cheapest courier rate if sending large quantities is about €5.

Basically, delivery charges are paid somehow - either they are priced in or are priced seperately.

Ideally a free delivery incentive should be offered to get order value above a certain amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

when they were offering free delivery last year it was an issue because the postage for them was as much as the ocst of the sweets for small orders.
    they've obviously done a deal with a courier because it's now a fixed €6 delivery charge, so you really need to make a decent sized order for it to be worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

91011 wrote: »
    I can't see how anyone couild sell a 1/4 of sweets AND give free postage. Postage for over 100g at small packet rate is €2.20 and cheapest courier rate if sending large quantities is about €5.

Basically, delivery charges are paid somehow - either they are priced in or are priced seperately.

Ideally a free delivery incentive should be offered to get order value above a certain amount.
    when they were offering free delivery last year it was an issue because the postage for them was as much as the ocst of the sweets for small orders.
    they've obviously done a deal with a courier because it's now a fixed €6 delivery charge, so you really need to make a decent sized order for it to be worthwhile

Both completely valid points but my moan/rant was that 1lb would have cost €14.00 Is that not just a tad expensive?????

Also, I ordered a number of times when the delivery was free as did my colleagues, one order was over €20 when the parcel arrived the postage was around €3

Advertisement