Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Sh!thole in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

Let's just blame all of our woes on the Brits...

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Granard, Co. Longford - without question! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Hey man, what nonsense are you talking about???

So you voted for a major Irish city because when you leave the big city you're in the middle of nowhere?

i) that's retarded ii) Look at a map that's hardly true. Tuam is north, Limerick/Ennis are south, Big ass Atlantic ocean/Conemarra is west and Loughrea/Ballinasloe is east.

You know fine well what i'm talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭jordan..

That poll is absolute crap! Wheres finglas, Offaly, Mayo, Roscommin, Coolock, Athlone, ??? fcukin thiiick :D

Tallaght rules by the way :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

longford (full of travellers)
    galway(full of hippy's and gaybags)
    castlebar
    boyle
    tullamore
    clonmel
    carlow

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Can we please get an option for "All of Ireland" ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

Well its the people that make a place if a place its not meeting the social needs and all the other needs that a person/group/community may have, then do something about it as a community/group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Granard, Co. Longford - without question! :eek:

Well it was a kip 10 years ago!!!. Longford is some kip. I was in it recently. Its worse than dublin/Limerick. What a kip. Only good thing in longford is Luigis..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭5989

Carrick On Suir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 MikeRoeSopht

Northsider Dubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I thought darndale was a sh1thole till i went to limerick

Now i know they are both sh1tholes except the accent in limerick is that extra bit sh1t....Boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

TBH I'd live in nearly any of Dublin's rougher areas before I'd live in a paracholial peripheral town where there is fook all amenities and nothing going on

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

So when we combine the votes for Tallaght and Blanchardstown it would seem that Dublin is indeed the biggest ****hole in Ireland! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,045 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

kilburn wrote: »
    Dublin is the biggest kip in the country !

I don't think that "kip" is worse than "sh1thole", so you may want to change that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Dunsink Lane in Finglas for north Dublin, traveller site on one side and rough council estate on the other and the road runs through the middle. Both sides enjoy throwing rocks at passing cars and at each other.

Jobstown for south Dublin, highest unemployment rate in the city and one of the highest crime rate. Full of massive green areas with no other facilities. I know a lad who used to work at the Shell garage there and the shop was the site of armed robberies 3 times in 3 weeks. Its an all round grim, grim place.

Always felt Tullamore was an awful dump as well, dirty, dirty town (especially around the trains station) with some very rough individuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Tallaght is worse than limerick, as least limerick has a lovely shiny new bypass . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Tallaght is worse than limerick, as least limerick has a lovely shiny new bypass . . .

Tallaght has a population of 80,000 you can't tar it all with the same brush. Kingswood, Firhouse, Tallaght village, Belgard Road and Aylesbury (East Tallaght) are all lovely, settled residential areas. Fettercairn, Kilnamanagh, Killinarden and Jobstown (all West Tallaght except Kilnamanagh) are fairly rough, sriously deprieved areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Kilkenny, Youghal, Tralee, Offally - the land is legging it as Tommy would say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

What's wrong with Newbridge? It's fine except for that hotel on Main Street they built that a load of possibly illegal immigrants live in now. And the weird unplanned suburbs that kind of exist around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

ringsend :p

• Advertisement

Tralee:

(1)33% of the Adult population receive some type of social welfare (2) Tinker feud (3) Polish - Tinker feud (4) The Bull Ring – Tinker Ghetto (5) Junkies, coke and disco biscuits all over the place (6) Extreme social problems (7) No infrastructure, manufacturing, tourism or retail sectors (8) Idiot Tralee town mentality, ‘’dodgy fien’s’’ and ‘’ rough mog’s’’ all over the place.

The place really is the arsehole of the country and the land that time forgot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

ronaneire wrote: »
    ringsend :p

How do you even know about that place its in the middle of boggy nowhere its ****! You are right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

owenc wrote: »
    How do you even know about that place its in the middle of boggy nowhere its ****! You are right!

I think he's refering to Ringsend/Mann Port on the coast of Dublin 4. Not the small village in Derry. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

AIB Group Headquarters
    Bankcentre,
    Ballsbridge,
    Dublin 4, Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Adhamh

I think that most of the country is a dump, just judging by appearences, not social problems. The whole country is built from pebble-dash semi-detached houses- it's enough to seriously depress the crap outta me.

I travelled the continent a few years back to a lot of small rural places in the north of France that financially were very poor, but they took pride in what they built, dammit! Just walking down a street in Carantec feels like a big outdoor art museam and it's a much more pleasant experience than walking through Ferbane, lets say.

Ranting aside, is Tralee really that bad? I visited it a few years back and it seemed nice enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

East Wall

I travelled France too....thought alot of it was rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Tallaght has a population of 80,000 you can't tar it all with the same brush. Kingswood, Firhouse, Tallaght village, Belgard Road and Aylesbury (East Tallaght) are all lovely, settled residential areas. Fettercairn, Kilnamanagh, Killinarden and Jobstown (all West Tallaght except Kilnamanagh) are fairly rough, sriously deprieved areas.

eh, the same would go for limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

I live in limerick so according to this poll no matter where I move to so long as it's not tallaght it can only get better lol.
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 !Pablo Fanquez!

story bud it's a punch up between Limerick and Tallaght.

I voted for Belfast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 !Pablo Fanquez!

punchdrunk wrote: »
    AIB Group Headquarters
    Bankcentre,
    Ballsbridge,
    Dublin 4, Ireland.

Also this.

Advertisement