Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good hairdressers in Dun laoghaire/Blackrock

Options
  • 04-08-2010 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Looking for a good hairdressers in Dun laoghaire/Blackrock

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Good Luck!

When I can find a good stylist, the salon has no decent colourist or vice versa!

Then there's the costs involved...so expensive. There's a stylist called Stephen in Aidan Fitzgeralds in Blackrock, he's brilliant but €73..then to get a full head highlights you are looking at another €170-€ 200...I kid you not. I had a girl called Martina colour my hair there the first time I went, she was recommended on boards some time ago..it was a disaster..I was 5 and half hours in there, Stephen kept coming up to see if I was ready and she just left me sitting at a sink for 45 mins, no reason, there appeared to be some tension from the colouring room to downstairs, she was also unfriendly and I asked her to not put any colour with a red base in it, she ignored this and it took me months to grow out...and cost me €240..this was three years ago!!! Anyway I went back to Stephen for the second time only recently and he is brillant..pity about the colour experience and their prices!!!

Anyway, Aideen in Fusion in Dunlaoighre is good, very chatty too, came from Toni and Guy Dundrum, shes about €55 for a cut.

Amy, the head colourist in Brown sugar is a fab colourist, actually I got a regular colourist there one day and she was also v. good, can't remember her name though. That is a nice salon, v nice people, expensive but a little bit cheaper then Aidan Fitz's. Eugene and Orla and good enough for cuts but stephen is better.

'Noel Higgins' in Blackrock is good for colour, Noel himself only colours and is very good and cheaper then the above salons. Cuts not great but ok in my experience.

Toni and guy Dundrum is quite ok all round but I paid €240 for full head highlights and cut in May..

Thats all I can think of for now- yes I am still looking for a good all round reasonably priced hairdresser in the area..if anyone else can help I'd love to hear of any good reasonable salons too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭I Concur

Pixied wrote: »
    Good Luck!

When I can find a good stylist, the salon has no decent colourist or vice versa!

Then there's the costs involved...so expensive. There's a stylist called Stephen in Aidan Fitzgeralds in Blackrock, he's brilliant but €73..then to get a full head highlights you are looking at another €170-€ 200...I kid you not. I had a girl called Martina colour my hair there the first time I went, she was recommended on boards some time ago..it was a disaster..I was 5 and half hours in there, Stephen kept coming up to see if I was ready and she just left me sitting at a sink for 45 mins, no reason, there appeared to be some tension from the colouring room to downstairs, she was also unfriendly and I asked her to not put any colour with a red base in it, she ignored this and it took me months to grow out...and cost me €240..this was three years ago!!! Anyway I went back to Stephen for the second time only recently and he is brillant..pity about the colour experience and their prices!!!

Anyway, Aideen in Fusion in Dunlaoighre is good, very chatty too, came from Toni and Guy Dundrum, shes about €55 for a cut.

Amy, the head colourist in Brown sugar is a fab colourist, actually I got a regular colourist there one day and she was also v. good, can't remember her name though. That is a nice salon, v nice people, expensive but a little bit cheaper then Aidan Fitz's. Eugene and Orla and good enough for cuts but stephen is better.

'Noel Higgins' in Blackrock is good for colour, Noel himself only colours and is very good and cheaper then the above salons. Cuts not great but ok in my experience.

Toni and guy Dundrum is quite ok all round but I paid €240 for full head highlights and cut in May..

Thats all I can think of for now- yes I am still looking for a good all round reasonably priced hairdresser in the area..if anyone else can help I'd love to hear of any good reasonable salons too :D

Ok, thanks very much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Girll called Holly in Toni & Guy Blackrock is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Can't recommend Nick in Hair Creations in Blackrock enough. He's a South African guy and is probably the best colourist have ever been to, been going to him for years now, and he's a sweetie. Reasonably priced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Brown Sugar have a salon in Blackrock - they are the best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

When are we going to see salons such as Brown Sugar and Aidan Fitzgeralds reduce their prices or do special offers? They are so over priced and I know Brown Sugar charges extra for a blowdry if you are just getting colour. :eek: I bought my sister a voucher to get her hair coloured and she came had to pay an extra €40 euros on top of that for the blowdry!! I was embarrassed. I know Brown Sugar used to occasionally text about special offers but I haven't received a similar text in a long time. And that's it.

These are very good salons but they really need to get real on prices.

One of the juniors washing my hair in Aidan Fitzgeralds told me recently that they are looking at doing a 1.5 million re-vamp! He'd be better off reducing their prices, doing special offers, putting in tables at the mirrors where you get your hair cut so you can leave a coffee and your magazines down in peace and finally give the place a paint job to brighten it up. And that's it.

I do like both these salons, particularaly the friendliness of Brown Sugar, but prices are definitely an issue. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

^^ Yep Brown Sugar are expensive but they are so worth it. You get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I like toni & guy in blackrock, usually get my hair cut there.

A friend of mine has used brown sugar in blackrock but it was very expensive, so what she did was ask if they did any student nights, where a student would do the colour under the supervision of a fully trained colourist and she got her colour for about half the price and it turned out fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oscarkite

I had my hair cut at Aidan Fitzgerald's salon in Blackrock. A guy called Leon cut my hair. I was charged 40 Euro for the worst haircut I ever had. He hasn't a clue how to cut curly hair. He simply cut it as short as he could. And that's what they call styling!

The following month I went to Toni & Guys in Blackrock. 35 Euro for a senior stylist. I can't remember the girl's name but she definitely was never trained to cut a man's hair either. She didn't know what to do with the hair on the back of my neck!

It is terrible how standards have fallen over the last 15 years in what was once a service industry with high standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MartinaLu

I have moved to Dublin from the continent many years ago. Found the hairdressers prices totally outrageous and the lack of skills unbelievable.
    Few people have hairdo with style around here. Not surprising. There is room for a chain with mainstream prices and well trained staff like Jean Louis David in the continent.

I have my hair cut by Mia in Tony and Guy in Blackrock. She has some sense.

For the colour I go to the Aveda salon in parliament street.

If you go to the hairdresser once a month + colour it makes 2000 euro a year. Does this makes sense to you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Try Brian in Brian Roberts in Blackrock. I used him for years until I moved to the sticks and have never got as good a stylist since.

Advertisement