Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No more eircom on Irish jerseys

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

dan1895 wrote: »
    Was in the FAI store and indeed they do have sponsorless shirts................................................if your willing to fork out 90 euro!!!!

Its a limited edition shirt with ireland vs argentina sewn onto the middle with a "10" on front and back but it doesn't have a name on it. I asked would they be getting any plain jerseys with no sponsor or anything and they said no. So it'll be a few more years before they sell me a jersey again.

:eek: Think mine was 70 at the time. That was with a number front and back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

NOT MORE #3s!!!!!!!

kevin_kilbane_1374307c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Kevin Kilbane jerseys all round lads!

1224276271214_1.jpg

It does look a lot better than Eircom in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Can I swap my just purchased (yesterday!) Ericom shirt for the 3 one?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

keano_afc wrote: »
    In the same situation keano , what a joke ay ! something should be done complete joke this is .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

keano_afc wrote: »
    What were you at buying an Ireland jersey? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ffs FAI, i dont want a shirt with the sponsor, i dont want a limited edition with our next opposition on that is out of date after the match, i dont want one preprinted with our supposed pin up/star player's name and number.

i want to buy our national sides shirt free of any marketing mater, like i can do with almost any other national team/fa. Delighted to see you still dont care about the fans.

oh, and noticed some shops are still selling eircom jerseys at full price, hoping the punters wont notice john?

:mad::mad:

thats another term my self and many other fans wont be buying an ireland shirt for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

irish-stew wrote: »
    ffs FAI, i dont want a shirt with the sponsor, i dont want a limited edition with our next opposition on that is out of date after the match, i dont want one preprinted with our supposed pin up/star player's name and number.

i want to buy our national sides shirt free of any marketing mater, like i can do with almost any other national team/fa. Delighted to see you still dont care about the fans.

oh, and noticed some shops are still selling eircom jerseys at full price, hoping the punters wont notice john.

:mad::mad:

thats another term my self and many other fans wont be buying an ireland shirt for.

By the way the official FAI store are still selling Eircom shirts at full whack too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

By the way the official FAI store are still selling Eircom shirts at full whack too.

This is a disgrace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Altogether now:

We all dream of a team of Kevin Kilbanes...

• Advertisement

Altogether now:

We all dream of a team of Kevin Kilbanes...

I'm just glad Paul McShane doesn't get given the No.3 jersey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

From the pictures looks like the 3 logo could be pealed off. I remember doing this with several OPEL jerseys:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Sometimes I wonder if the FAI enjoy pissing off fans.

It doesn't look good at all. Not a nice jersey and certainly one i wouldn't want to wear

(Although, it looks good on FAS girl!)
    1224276271214_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

****ing joke shop stuff from the FAI. It's shambolic that we're the only country in the Europe where you can't buy the national jersey without ugly corporate logos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

The sad thing is that it would actually be a smashing jersey without the sponsor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I'm so pissed off about this, I only got the new shirt a few months ago when it came out (suppose to last for two years) and I was delighted I'd have the current one for Euro 2012. I know its still the same shirt with a different logo, but it feels like I have an obsolete one now :(

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I'm so pissed off about this, I only got the new shirt a few months ago when it came out (suppose to last for two years) and I was delighted I'd have the current one for Euro 2012. I know its still the same shirt with a different logo, but it feels like I have an obsolete one now :(

it IS obsolete!

there really should be a campaign to get everyone who bought the jersey to return it and demand a refund!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

MrStuffins wrote: »
    it IS obsolete!

there really should be a campaign to get everyone who bought the jersey to return it and demand a refund!

Last time I give any of my money to the FAI when they shaft you like this :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

stovelid wrote: »
    Would be nice if the logos were on the jerseys at the behest of Eircom and the new sponsor doesn't follow suit.

They're the nicest national jerseys I can remember and it spoils them to have a logo on the front, especially with the simplicity of the Umbro design.

Prob been mentioned but Carrolls [aka Official FAI Shop] have the current shirt logo free but with #10 front and back and embroidered with the Argie game. Very nice and I'd buy if the fuckers weren't charging €90 for it!

Have to agree; its our best shirt in years. The kit in general is nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

It doesn't look good at all. Not a nice jersey and certainly one i wouldn't want to wear

(Although, it looks good on FAS girl!)
    1224276271214_1.jpg

no wonder the enemployment rate is as high as it is, thousands of men quiting work in the hope of meeting her in the FAS office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Oh Georgia Salpa you little ride.
    Who Usually wears number 3? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Oh Georgia Salpa you little ride.
    Who Usually wears number 3? :p

Kevin Kilbane I think. Yeah thats more like it

46028427.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

The Ireland jerseys in the FAI shop are cheaper than €90. I got the long sleeve no logo kit for €70 around 2 months ago. Comes in a fancy little box.

Yes it is a rip off and a disgrace, but I was looking for an Ireland kit for ages without the logo and didn't mind paying a bit extra. It will my last Ireland jersey I'll ever buy, that's for sure...

creggy wrote: »
    The Ireland jerseys in the FAI shop are cheaper than €90. I got the long sleeve no logo kit for €70 around 2 months ago. Comes in a fancy little box.

Yes it is a rip off and a disgrace, but I was looking for an Ireland kit for ages without the logo and didn't mind paying a bit extra. It will my last Ireland jersey I'll ever buy, that's for sure...

90euro, was in there myself today! absolutely disgusting behaviour from the FAI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

We're the only country in the world that sells republica football kits to the fans with the sponsor on the jersey. I have other international football jerseys like Scotland, Turkey and Argentina and none of them have sponsorship on them.

Sure this carry on has been this the case since the late 80s with Opel being on the republica jerseys.

FAI need to wake up and no to bully sponsors

We're the only country in the world that sells republica football kits to the fans with the sponsor on the jersey. I have other international football jerseys like Scotland, Turkey and Argentina and none of them have sponsorship on them.

Sure this carry on has been this the case since the late 80s with Opel being on the republica jerseys.

FAI need to wake up and no to bully sponsors

well we have to put up with it for another few years at least now

:mad:

need to check out the FAI store next time am heading that direction, although would think long and hard before parting with that much money for that inept organisation.

:(

definatly not getting one with '3' on, thats as bad as eircom

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I got the new shirt so I am very annoyed at a finding out we have a new sponser on it after only 3 freindly matches , what a joke I wonder if the FAI will give a new shirt to all the people that forked out 60e for a top out of use already this is sicking! What a joke ;(

Can't agree with this more. This has really pissed me off. If a club side did this there would be uproar. I can't see the FAI paying any sort of meaningful attention to this though, they'll be too busy counting their money.

It's embarrassing wearing the ireland jersey while I'm at Uni in England. Not because of the country or anything like that - simply because of the sponsor. I'm constantly being asked "what club's jersey is that?". Yes I've bought the jersey and in many ways it makes me a hypocrite but I'm only doing it because I can't see the situation changing in my lifetime and I want to wear my country's national jersey when I go to support them.

I'd pay an extra tenner to get it without the sponsor, gladly! At the very least it'd mean avoiding situations like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Once the FAI allowed Opel to appear on replica jerseys they effectively set a precedent and there was noway that future sponsors would not demand the same.

was in a sports shop today, eircom ones still on sale at full price, although after speking to one of the sales assistants there are plans to reduce the price, the new shirt is being released in a couple of weeks, the pics curculating at the mo are apartently the current shirt with '3' photshopped over the 'eircom' logo

no plans so far for any shirt to be sold without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

My sister who is only begining to get into football went into an umbro shop yesterday, asked where the new Ireland jersey was and was pointed towards the eircom ones, she purchased two kids jersers (home and away) for a total of €100.

Now while she should have being paying atention to the news, its pretty harsh A)When she asked for a new jersey she wasnt told the one they had in stock was about to be replaces B) that the jerseys were still at full price.

My sister who is only begining to get into football went into an umbro shop yesterday, asked where the new Ireland jersey was and was pointed towards the eircom ones, she purchased two kids jersers (home and away) for a total of €100.

Now while she should have being paying atention to the news, its pretty harsh A)When she asked for a new jersey she wasnt told the one they had in stock was about to be replaces B) that the jerseys were still at full price.

in fairness, thats the shops fault, their trying to make money, thier unlikely to tell someone its about to be discontinued, hopefully they should offer your sister a refund or atleast an exchange for the new one if at the same price

it hasn't been on the top of the news, i found out here first and had to seek the story out, i dont remember it featureing in the main headlines on rte, dont think it was mentioned untill the actual sport section

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

cson wrote: »
    Prob been mentioned but Carrolls [aka Official FAI Shop] have the current shirt logo free but with #10 front and back and embroidered with the Argie game. Very nice and I'd buy if the fuckers weren't charging €90 for it!

Have to agree; its our best shirt in years. The kit in general is nice.

Shirt €60
    number on back €10
    number on front €10
    embroidery €10
    box €?

it all adds up & has to all be done in Ireland, which we know isn't cheap.:rolleyes:

Well shops can charge whatever they like in my view. But she should bring those jerseys back straight away and get a full refund (hopefully they haven't been played n yet!)
    Once the FAI allowed Opel to appear on replica jerseys they effectively set a precedent and there was noway that future sponsors would not demand the same.

If people just stopped buying the jersey with the logo, the FAI and Umbro wouldnt be long copping on. But "people" arent clever enough to keep ther money in their pockets.

lods wrote: »
    Shirt €60
    number on back €10
    number on front €10
    embroidery €10
    box €?

it all adds up & has to all be done in Ireland, which we know isn't cheap.:rolleyes:

Who over the age of 7 wants a number on the back of a replica shirt??

Who over the age of 7 wants a number on the back of a replica shirt??

Why exactly would it not be childish to buy the shirt of the team you support and wear it, but be childish to have a number on the back?

:rolleyes:

Looks like 3 are paying a bit less than eircom did. No surprise in the current economic environment (as the saying goes!).

Poor oul John Delaney has had to take a €17,000 pay cut. He's down to €435,000 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Kevin Kilbane I think. Yeah thats more like it

46028427.jpg

I still would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

I still would

You sure about that?

ibfmt5.jpg

from the back i would be fine:o

• Advertisement

Why exactly would it not be childish to buy the shirt of the team you support and wear it, but be childish to have a number on the back?

:rolleyes:

Because its about supporting the team rather than an individual
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

You sure about that?

ibfmt5.jpg

Glenda Gilson :pac:

Because its about supporting the team rather than an individual
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

To you it is.

Meanwhile, others might happen to have a favourite player and want their number on the shirt.

Jerseys are now being sold off at 30 euro

lods wrote: »
    Jerseys are now being sold off at 30 euro

Someone linked to the Champion website the other day and they were €20

Now they're €30.

They must've reacted to the demand!

Someone linked to the Champion website the other day and they were €20

Now they're €30.

They must've reacted to the demand!

All the sports shops & Carrolls are now selling them at 30euro. Their also selling off all the training gear with Eircom on it.

Advertisement