Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish woman hit by lightening while filming storm

Options
  • 04-08-2010 2:07pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Kind of odd as she was inside the awning beside a caravan.

http://www.yr.no/nyheter/1.7235841

One minute into video.

(she was grand in the end & <insert pun here>) ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Thats shockin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

This was also in sweden in past 24 hrs. what an incredible thud from the thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    This was also in sweden in past 24 hrs. what an incredible thud from the thunder.

I gotta say, that looked terribly fake....

I gotta say, that looked terribly fake....
    the lightening looks fake but i was wondering if the double glazed window had the effect of mirroring it at bottom.

the clap of thunder sounds real for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

You can see the lightening block out this side of the balcony railing. Definitely that was faked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

WolfeIRE wrote: »

Definitely fake. I've been very close to lightening and its nothing like that at all. It's a very sharp deafening crack at the same time as a bright blue blinding flash. Actually seemed like the crack was before the flash - but that obviously couldn't have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

That's not fake. Cameras often react oddly to lightning, and the small bolt wasn't the full strike, it was a tracer bolt. Also, close up lightning sounds exactly like that - I've been within 50 metres of strikes plenty of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

This doesn't look or sound too fake to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

she picks the camera up again. good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

djhaxman wrote: »

I dream of being in a situation like that!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

WOW!! that was awesome :eek:, I love the guys comments afterwards, he should listen to his own advice LMAO!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

the sound of the lightening strike alone is frightening

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

Lightening is that stuff Michael Jackson used. It's lightning, people of the Science:Weather forum!

Tordelback wrote: »
    Lightening is that stuff Michael Jackson used. It's lightning, people of the Science:Weather forum!

tordel-back to the ass and donkey forum please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I was;)

Completely exposed on a beach in a supercell. Nothing enjoyable about it trust me.

Ok then,i could be in a little rubber hut on the beach in the middle of the storm!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

:eek::eek::eek:

Confab wrote: »
    That's not fake. Cameras often react oddly to lightning, and the small bolt wasn't the full strike, it was a tracer bolt. Also, close up lightning sounds exactly like that - I've been within 50 metres of strikes plenty of times.

50 metres it sounds like that alright (having worked beside a mast that used to take strikes), but closer as depicted in that video its a sharp crack instantaneous with the flash, not a loud explosive boom after a noticeable pause. I suppose it could have been a tracer, with the main strike 50m distant, but unless the tracer happened significantly before the main strike, the pause still has me skeptical.

truly shocking Deep. Lucky he wasn't killed. His plastic spectacles must have saved him :p

That is starting to make me realise just how close the bolt I speak of must have been to me. maybe 5 feet ?? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

All good vids.

Damn this country and it's boring weather anyway :mad:

Maybe I'll bring forward my retirement to Florida by a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Damn this country and it's boring weather anyway :mad:

+1

Like the gunshot type thunder in this clip. Pity it is cut off just when it is at it's peak :mad::

I have heard thunder like that here in Ireland too, seems to more common in wintertime.

Advertisement