Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have an AT&T sim?

Options
  • 04-08-2010 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭

The buddy has upgraded his 2G to a 3GS, and is giving the 2G to his wife. Unfortunately he restored to factory settings, and the phone is asking for a sim to activate with iTunes. Since the phone was originally American, I can only assume it's AT&T.

So does anyone have a sim that I can borrow to get things rolling? I'll pay for postage or whatever, and tere should only be a couple of days turnaround.

Please and thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Some here on ebay. That would let you keep it in case it happened again. Uk sellers too, so quick postage.

http://shop.ebay.ie/i.html?_nkw=at%26t%20sim%20card&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=5&_dmpt=UK_Mobile_Home_Phones_Sim_Cards_CV&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sound.
    Will check out the link when I get home. Luckily, for my finances, they have ebay blocked here in work!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I have a Pay As You Go one here that I used for a holiday in Florida back in June. I'm sure it'll do the job. Yours for free if you want to pick it up in Dublin 8. Otherwise PM your details and I'll post it to you this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

While on the topic (not trying to hijack) am going to orlando next year will I be able to get a microsim?

Also, I understand it's really difficult to get any sort of prepaid data plan in the US with an iPhone, has anyone been able to do this and can share any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭scottyboy

If the iPhone is a 2G iPhone then you do not need an AT&T sim to activate, just use a piece of software called redsn0w and this will (h)activate and unlock your 2G iPhone.

http://wikee.iphwn.org/howto:rs9

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7443

• Advertisement

funkyflea wrote: »
    While on the topic (not trying to hijack) am going to orlando next year will I be able to get a microsim?

Also, I understand it's really difficult to get any sort of prepaid data plan in the US with an iPhone, has anyone been able to do this and can share any tips?

There's not much you can do. I loaded a sim I bought on eBay with $20 only to find I had to have a contract to use the data I purchased with it. I did,however, manage to tether my iPad to the phone and use it off that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

naasrd wrote: »
    There's not much you can do. I loaded a sim I bought on eBay with $20 only to find I had to have a contract to use the data I purchased with it. I did,however, manage to tether my iPad to the phone and use it off that.

So you tethered the iphone to another phone that was allowed to use data?

I've been reading about a workaround which sounds pretty good here. says for australian users but will work with anyone visiting US apparently.

funkyflea wrote: »
    So you tethered the iphone to another phone that was allowed to use data?

I've been reading about a workaround which sounds pretty good here. says for australian users but will work with anyone visiting US apparently.

No, iPhone to iPad, I downloaded Mywi onto my iphone and then was able to tether the iPad to it.

Advertisement