If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ONKYO HTS3305 Newbie question

Options
  • 04-08-2010 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi I'm interested in getting into the whole HT scene I currently have a Sony DAV-DZ111(its a fair few years old now) Specs below and was looking at the ONKYO hts3305. basically what i am wondering is will replacing the sony with the onkyo give any noticable difference in sound quality?

Amplifier Power Output - Center (RMS)
    142W
    Power Output - Sub woofer (RMS)
    140W
    Power Output - Surround (RMS)
    142W x 2
    Power Output - Total (RMS 10%)
    850W
    S-Master
    24 bit

thanks in advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi I'm interested in getting into the whole HT scene I currently have a Sony DAV-DZ111(its a fair few years old now) Specs below and was looking at the ONKYO hts3305. basically what i am wondering is will replacing the sony with the onkyo give any noticable difference in sound quality?

Amplifier Power Output - Center (RMS)
    142W
    Power Output - Sub woofer (RMS)
    140W
    Power Output - Surround (RMS)
    142W x 2
    Power Output - Total (RMS 10%)
    850W
    S-Master
    24 bit

thanks in advance

Oh yes.....

To be honest the Onkyo is in a different league to that Sony - the Onkyo is really an excellent unit and at £299.95 it's a cracking price - it may only e rated at 85 watts a channel however the way Onkyo rate their watts and the way your system is rated are completely different ONkyo rate their with a THD at just 0.08% http://www.eu.onkyo.com/ir_img/21777889_ec6b4ff7cd.jpg That means that at 85 watts per channel the total distortion is tiny - many manufacturers measure their power differently quoting dynamic poser or power at up to 10% distortion - or even the classic PMPO (peak maximum power output) which means the maximum amounf of mixed volume and distortion you can produce the moment before the unit expired ;)

We also have the stunning HTS6305 available from stock if you want to hear a really Massive Massive jump in Audio & Video qualityand I can do that at just £449.95 which is a mega price

If you ask around on Boards or especially over in the HE section the guys will tell you that the step forward will be really huge over your existing kit.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way or if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Ph3arTh35k1llz

Great thanks for that got my name down for the 3305. Although I would love the 6305 its way out of my price league at the moment.:)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.