Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Newspapers

Options
  • 04-08-2010 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hey all,
    I am wondering if anybody here, or knows anybody, who collects old newspapers. I am looking for the Irish times from March 9th 1963 and am a bit too miserly to pay for it on the internet. I realise this is a long shot, but thought I'd give it a go.
    Best,
    WS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Ring your local library and see if they have it on microfilm - you can then print it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

The National Library will have it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moved from Literature.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

If you're near Dublin you can get a reader's ticket with the National Library on Dawson Street and consult the paper on microfilm for free. If you're further away, your local library would be a good place to look, as mentioned by Diddler. However, in both instances you would have to pay to have the paper/page printed.

Advertisement