Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongoing issues with Forum Mod

Options
  • 04-08-2010 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭

I wish to raise what is discriminate and bullying behaviour by Cabaal, Forum Mod - Gardening. Anytime I post a photo or a link to info on a subject, the Post is deleted on the grounds that is advertising and I'm threatened with Bans! This is an absolutely ridiculous situation. I have helped hundreds of posters with querie sin the gardening forum, I've never ever seen a single post from Cabaal in response to anything.

There is no warning, no dioscussion, but unilateral action because Cabaal does not appear to understand 'information exchange' means. Why is it that many posters put links to external sites and nothing happens, but if I put a link to an objective article I've written elsewhere or perhaps my Blog, the material is immediately deleted.

I would be interested to see what any objective assessment of my complaint reveals. In the circumstances I do not wish to have any contact with this over zealous authoritarian Forum Mod.

Where is the harm in showing gardening enthusiasts photos of latest LED garden lighting form a recent project? He says that advertising, I say he should get a grip!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Making posts like you just did in the Gardening forum won't help your case. I've deleted it.

Have you actually discussed this with Cabaal - explained your stance and heard his side of it? Try that first.

If you have and have had no luck, try talking to the Category Mods.

If all else fails, we'll have a look at it here in Helpdesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Dav

I see no point in discussing anything about gardening with that guy. How do I get to raise this problem with System Admin?

It really is moronic what I have to put up with that guy's antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I see no point in discussing anything about gardening with that guy. How do I get to raise this problem with System Admin?

Please follow the procedure as outlined by Dav:
    Dav wrote: »
    If you have and have had no luck, try talking to the Category Mods.
    It really is moronic what I have to put up with that guy's antics.

Comments like that and posts like the one Dav deleted will not help your cause. If you can't disagree with someone in a civil manner, nobody will listen to you.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    If you can't disagree with someone in a civil manner, nobody will listen to you.

The Mod has hardly behaved in any reasonable or civil manner, why should the onus be on me? He claimed I was advertising, I was not. He suggested posting in Adverts, which if he checked, he would have seen my ad. The guy seems get off on being petty. Why is he a Mod, and what is his behavious tolerated. He never contributes, probably knows nothing about the area but applies rules like a zealot. He should stick to dolls.

The Mod has hardly behaved in any reasonable or civil manner, why should the onus be on me? He claimed I was advertising, I was not. He suggested posting in Adverts, which if he checked, he would have seen my ad. The guy seems get off on being petty. Why is he a Mod, and what is his behavious tolerated. He never contributes, probably knows nothing about the area but applies rules like a zealot. He should stick to dolls.

So, do two wrongs make a right? I think not.

Please get a second opinion from the CMods and we will take it from there.

• Advertisement

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    So, do two wrongs make a right? I think not.

Please get a second opinion from the CMods and we will take it from there.

What "two wrongs" do you refer to? A few days ago I pm'ed both a Mod as well as a Cmod and I am waiting a response. I really do believe that this should be looked into, because IMO,a particular Mod appears keen to apply a very narrow interpretation of the rules and directly interferes with posts offering objective information thus denying useful visual reference for members.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Which CMod did you contact?

kbannon

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

kbannon has been away for a while. It's usually a good idea to contact all the CMods, in case one or more are away. Can you contact trout?

Sure, no probs.

• Advertisement

This issue has now been resolved. I would to thank the CMod Trout for the assistance provided and in particular for arriving at a solution which was very fair and considerate.

Tks.

A few days ago I posted an acknowledgement and confirmation that I had reached an agreement with the CatMod (trout) that the issue had been resolved. Why has my post not appeared? Also is there a particular reason why my posts do not appear here until approved?

A few days ago I posted an acknowledgement and confirmation that I had reached an agreement with the CatMod (trout) that the issue had been resolved. Why has my post not appeared? Also is there a particular reason why my posts do not appear here until approved?

Sorry about that, just an oversight.

Advertisement