Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TNG episodes by season

Options
  • 04-08-2010 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

What in your opinion are the best episodes by season? Best ones so far for me have been hollow pursuits, the episode where broccoli becomes super intelligent, the most toys, the inner light, agt. In addition Barclay is a great character.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What in your opinion are the best episodes by season? Best ones so far for me have been hollow pursuits, the episode where broccoli becomes super intelligent, the most toys, the inner light, agt. In addition Barclay is a great character.

All great episodes, expect pain for mentioning The Inner Light though. (I'm with you on that though its brilliant - love the tune from it too)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Season 3: Yesterday's Enterprise.

Not just an entertaining watch, but a lesson in rushed craftsmanship: the script was written and drafted in 48 hours, and the episode was filmed extremely quickly.

It also spawned a rather awesome book called Q-Squared, truly the most epic Trek tale in novel form. Read it and you'll never look at Trek the same way again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Season 1 :

Season 2 : the measure of a man , time squared

Season 3 : yesterdays enterprise , best of both worlds

Season 4 : BOBW 2 , Family , Redemption

Season 5 : Inner light , cause and effect

Season 6 : Relic , Chain of command 1&2 , frame of mind

Season 7 : Parallels , pegasus , All good things

Haven't rewatched TNG in a year or two but these are the eps that stood out for me .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I'd add Q Who - first appearance of the Borg and the beginning of a darker vibe for TNG - I think that was season 2? A real turning point IMHO.
    Best eps in season one were the one with the traveler. Great CGI for 1988 or whenever. And the one where Worf first meets some real Klingons, despite the many flaws in his backstory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Every single episode of season 3 was great. Best season of the whole series imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I agree with all the choices so far. I'm going to mention some ones others have not mentioned.

The Wounded, great episode. A precursor for DS9 in so many ways, Chief O'Brien given a leading role, Cardassians as bad guys and Mark Alaimo playing a Gul.

Tapestry, love it when Picard laughs at getting stabbed in the heart.

The Neutral Zone, mixes comedy with tension brilliantly, a good episode to end season 1.

Conspiracy, love it when Picard and Riker look at each other after Remmick says 'we seek peaceful co-existence'.

There are many others but all I can think of atm.

Final Mission - great season 4 episode with excellent acting from everyone.

Oh, and Redemption Part II from season 5. One of the best Trek episodes ever from start to finish. Also, has there ever been a better opening scene for an episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Probably not a great episode but really scared me as a child was Schisms from season six.

The scene in the holodeck with the examination table and the clicking sound kept me awake at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Season 1:
    Where Noone Has Gone Before, Conspiracy

Season 2:
    Q2, Cause and Effect

Season 3:
    Yesterday's Enterprise, Allegiance, BoBW I

Season 4:
    BoBW II, The Wounded, Clues, Night Terrors, The Drumhead

Season 5:
    The Game, Conundrum, The Inner Light

Season 6: which was for me the strongest
    Relics, Schisms, Chain of Command I & II, Tapestry, The Chase, Frame of Mind, Timescape

Season 7:
    The Pegasus, Lower Decks, All Good Things I & II
    The Wounded, great episode. A precursor for DS9 in so many ways, Chief O'Brien given a leading role, Cardassians as bad guys and Mark Alaimo playing a Gul.

Ya, great ep. A lot of parallels with Ronald D. Moore's amazing DS9 episode "Defiant".

I watched "Lessons" (S6) last night and thought it was terrific. First time watching it since it aired, and I've a newfound appreciation for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Tremelo wrote: »
    I watched "Lessons" (S6) last night and thought it was terrific. First time watching it since it aired, and I've a newfound appreciation for it.
    Yeah, I always thought that was excellent episode. Daren was one of the few believable romances that Picard ever had. And Picard's characterisation in the episode is spot on, something which wasn't the case in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Kensworld

I'm leaving out the obvious best of Trek episodes such as BOBW and other two parters to give credit to some of the other fantastic episodes

Season 1 - Conspiracy

Season 2 - Measure of a Man, Time Squared

Season 3 - Tin Man, The Defector, Booby Trap

Season 4 - Family, Brothers, The Mind's Eye

Season 5 - Darmok, Disaster, Cause and Effect

Season 6 - Tapestry, Relics, Second Chances

Season 7 - Lower Decks, Genesis, The Pegasus

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Goldstein wrote: »
    Season 1:
    Where Noone Has Gone Before, Conspiracy

Season 2:
    Q2, Cause and Effect

Season 3:
    Yesterday's Enterprise, Allegiance, BoBW I

Season 4:
    BoBW II, The Wounded, Clues, Night Terrors, The Drumhead

Season 5:
    The Game, Conundrum, The Inner Light

Season 6: which was for me the strongest
    Relics, Schisms, Chain of Command I & II, Tapestry, The Chase, Frame of Mind, Timescape

Season 7:
    The Pegasus, Lower Decks, All Good Things I & II

Ya, great ep. A lot of parallels with Ronald D. Moore's amazing DS9 episode "Defiant".

Yeah this list i like, especially Schisms - awesome ep...

Advertisement