Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor phone connecting its self to the internet ???

Options
  • 04-08-2010 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has this problem my phone has wifi so i connect up to the internet that way !!!!PROBLEM!!! i checked my bill on the internet today and it was 500 euro i'm only on a 30euro bill monthly plan . it seems as the phone is connecting its self to meteor after i use my wifi ??? :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Just wondering if anyone has this problem my phone has wifi so i connect up to the internet that way !!!!PROBLEM!!! i checked my bill on the internet today and it was 500 euro i'm only on a 30euro bill monthly plan . it seems as the phone is connecting its self to meteor after i use my wifi ??? :eek:

check your phone settings and ring meteor asap , a jump like that in your bill should of been flagged

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Unfortunately, it is quite possible there is a program on your phone that uses the internet. When your WiFi isn't available, it will use the 3G connection (software typically doesn't differentiate between the two).

Get on to Meteor straight away and consider getting yourself a data plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What phone is it out of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Dannyboy1987

its a Nokia E63 , got on to them and hopefully things will sort out , back to pre pay for me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

That can set in such away that it wont connect to the network unless you say so, or to connect to wlan but not a network connection.

Are meteor taking care of you regarding the bill?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Dannyboy1987

so they say because i have never had a problem with them before they said im a genuine case

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

So there going to wipe off the data charges?? What phone were you using that caused this?

Advertisement