Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business 2011

• 04-08-2010 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question. I'm doing business out of school and I amn't 100% certain on how the test goes. I've heard that there are prescribed units for each year's leaving cert business exam. Is that how it goes or am I mistaken?

If so, what units are prescribed for 2011?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 sarahelizabeth

the business exam at higher level has 3 sections. section 1 is short questions. section 2 is an applied business question which is bascially like a comprehension but you hav2 use your business knowledge for 2011 the abq is based on units 2,3 and 4 so know them very very well because the abq is worth 20% of your final mark and then section 3 is long questions which is split into 2 parts. part 1 question 1 is based on unit 1 question 2 on unit 6 and question 3 on unit 7 u hav2 answer 1 and then part 2 there is questions 4,5,6 and 7 u must answer 2 and then 1 other question out of either part 1 or 2. you must answer 4 questions altogether. not sure bout ordinary level. hoped that helped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

you have to do: Short questions, Applied Business Question

You then have to do: 4 out of 7 long questions

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

abq is based on units 2,3 and 4 so know them very very well because the abq is worth 20% of your final mark and then section 3 is long questions which is split into 2 parts. part 1 question 1 is based on unit 1 question 2 on unit 6 and question 3 on unit 7 u hav2 answer 1 and then part 2 there is questions 4,5,6 and 7 u must answer 2 and then 1 other question out of either part 1 or 2. you must answer 4 questions altogether. not sure bout ordinary level. hoped that helped

This reply is complete nonsense,do not base studying on this.First of all 2011 ABQ is based on units 3,4,&,5 .Not unit 2 as stated above :mad:,The leaving cert this year has proven predictions are not to be followed ,which means there is no obligation for them to have long Q's 1,2,& 3 based on units 1,6,&7 !!!! Basically focus greatly on you're ABQ units (3,4,&5) & keep in mind the amount of points required on each subject ,by dividing the marks by 5,Eg; 30 mark question divided by 5 = 6 points for the questoion.

Advertisement