Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parenting forum competition - Family Adventure Breaks from Discover Ireland

Options
  • 04-08-2010 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Hello folks,

Some of you will remember this competition, where Discover Ireland gave us five adventure breaks to give away and we invited you to tell us why you'd like to win the break.

Five members won - Thaedydal, Magicray, Moonbeam, 25 and Deliverance XXV

It was, however, pointed out to me that the five winners seemed to have been chosen by the order that they pointed in the thread, rather the the quality of their submissions.

So, I went back to Discover Ireland and we had a chat. So they came back to me with five different prizes for a family break.

The first is at Churchfield B&B in Ennis, Co. Clare, (website here) where the winning family gets to
    take a step back in time and enjoy a complimentary pass to Bunratty Folk Park.
    The second is at Highbury House in Ballymorris, Co Clare, (website here) where the winning family can
    take a walk in the Clare Hills or in the nearby forest where you can enjoy nature at its best and then relax afterwards with complimentary afternoon tea.
    The third is Dugimmon House in Ballyconnell, Cavan, (website here) where the prize includes
    a complimentary visit to the Bear Essentials and the Silver Bear Centre, Bawnboy, Co Cavan, where delicious afternoon tea will be provided.
    The fourth is Woodside Lodge, in Westport Co Mayo (website here) where the winning family will
    enjoy the new railway walk around Westport where you can take in all the sights and enjoy a complimentary Picnic basket.
    The fifth is Riverwalk House in Oughterard, Galway, (website here), where the winning family can
    relax and enjoy and enjoy complimentary fishing on the majestic Lough Corrib.
    I then went back to the original thread and judged myself who I thought had put most effort, thought or creativity into their posts.

I contacted each member and asked them to get back to me with a random number between 1 and 5.

I then asked Dav to mix up the prizes above 1 to 5 (I'm not taking any chances with this one ;)) and so the prizes will be awarded to the following:
    • Discobeaker is off to Cavan
    • Ickle Magoo is off to Westport
    • Cathy01 is off to Ballymorris
    • Magnumlady is off to Galway
    • and Rainbowdrop is off to Ennis

Congratulations to you all and commisserations to those who didn't win (this time).

Thanks also to Discover Ireland and to Dee in Bespoke With Direction who helped us with the new prizes.

We'll have more competitions soon so stay tuned :)

Cheers

Darragh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Yay! Thanks Darragh, we're delighted and can't wait for a trip away. Thank you so much! :cool: :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Thanks to Darragh and Discover Ireland.

Just told my parents and they are absolutely delighted to be going on a break to Ennis/Bunratty castle. It's just the tonic they needed!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Congrats to all that won....and well played Darragh! :)

Also, fair play to Discover Irelend for stumping up even more prizes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

congrats! hope you all have a ball

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Thank you so much. We are delighted.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Ah that's brilliant news. Congrats to everyone who won the second time around as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Has anyone else gotten anything in the post from Discover Ireland yet?
    They rang looking for my address on the 9th of August but nothing has arrived yet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

:eek:

:(

:mad:

Am on it. (FFS)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 14,056 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

These competitions are turing out to be more trouble than they're worth Darragh!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

Went searcing for this thread to see if anyone else was still waiting - Im glad to see Im not the only one :o

You must have a pain in your face at this stage Darragh :mad:

Ah no, please, tell me you've got them?!

Nope, still no contact or anything in the post.

Okay, thanks. Have gone back to them asking for an update. I'm *really* sorry about this...

I've had two phone calls, one from Discover Ireland taking name & address and then same again from the B&B asking questions about how the comp was run but still not had anything through the door.

Make you wonder if the person handling it quit or went on holidays or if they are waiting for it to be out of season.

My first thought was they were trying to stretch it past the summer holidays and out of peak season.

I got a letter with the vouncher in the post this morning, the letter is dated the 1st sept and it arrived on the 3rd.

Excellent, thanks for the update - hope that means the rest are sent out too :)

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I got a letter with the vouncher in the post this morning, the letter is dated the 1st sept and it arrived on the 3rd.

Ah thats brilliant, hopefully the rest of them will arrive on Monday :D

You must have a good postal service :D

I got my voucher this morning :-)

Glad to hear it, I booked the weekend I wanted yesterday.

Well we had our weekend away in Mayo it was wonderful, thank you Discover Ireland.
    We took in as many play grounds as we could fine, went to see the town my grandmother was from, toured, wesport house and the Trulough Country life musem and managed to go as far as Achill.

The lady of the Rockyberry was very wecloming and offered to make hot chocolate for the kids instead of tea and coffee, the room was spacious and the beds very comfy.
    It is a working farm so there are tractors and sheep and ducks and dogs and ducks.
    And a trampaline.

37919_453409706120_691381120_5649721_1819447_n.jpg

66643_453409641120_691381120_5649717_1291919_n.jpg

44953_453409686120_691381120_5649720_3858632_n.jpg

Advertisement