Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

Why must the men with their shirts unbuttoned almost to their navel always message me ?

Think I will add 'Religion' and 'Chastity' and the like to my interests to chase them away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Larianne wrote: »
    You know, I think if you wrote "I hate sponge cake" on your profile you would get a lot of inquisitive mails about it.

My salsa stuff got mentions, so maybe food really is the answer. It would be a definite thing people could talk about anyway. *makes mental note*

I hate sponge cake would be a better username than the one I did use :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

mstan wrote: »
    First off can I just say a thanks to the girls here who offered advice on how to improve my profile. Much appriciated! Going to try and update it now.

Secondly I have a few questions about PoF. When you are talking with someone do you always just send normal mails or is there at stage where ye would move on to Instant Messaging any time both of ye are online? How long would you wait before asking a girl out? And finially would you normally kiss them on a first date?

Would give it a try for sure

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Galvasean wrote: »
    Leave it long IMO. Nothing more annoying than a profile like this:

About me

I nvr no wat 2 say on dis. If u wnt 2no ntn msg me! xoxoxox

there is a special place in hell for people who type like that....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

there is a special place in hell for people who type like that....

Lol

I told a guy off for sending me a lengthy txt spk email!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This morning I changed my profile headline to:

Message me for free enchilada's.

Just logged in there and I have 5 messages from people wanting enchilada's.

:pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,265 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That_Guy wrote: »

Right thats it, I'm changing mine to Looking for someone to cook for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

changed mine too, looking forward to getting some results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

mstan wrote: »
    First off can I just say a thanks to the girls here who offered advice on how to improve my profile. Much appriciated! Going to try and update it now.

Secondly I have a few questions about PoF. When you are talking with someone do you always just send normal mails or is there at stage where ye would move on to Instant Messaging any time both of ye are online? How long would you wait before asking a girl out? And finially would you normally kiss them on a first date?

It's really up to yourself. it might depend on your schedule as to whether or not you can do IM. ask her out after not too long, because otherwise she'll get to thinking you're not going to, and if she doesn't really like you then it's just a waste of your time. but in terms of actual measurable time, no one can tell you that. you could try for a kiss on the first date, depending on how things go, you just have to kinda go with the flow of things.

Notice how you say people, and not girls :pac:

I
    Notice how you say people, and not girls :pac:

Shhh. Girls are people too ya know. :pac:

• Advertisement

Shhh. Girls are people too ya know. :pac:

:eek: no they're not!

:pac: dont' tell them that!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

manafana wrote: »
    changed mine too, looking forward to getting some results.

/*ponders what to change his too to make it plus more cleverer*

Somehow dont think a subtle George Orwell New Speak reference will be picked up on much, so ummmm what can I cook? Cook well preferably :pac:

Yiz feckin' copycats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

MudSkipper wrote: »
    /*ponders what to change his too to make it plus more cleverer*

Somehow dont think a subtle George Orwell New Speak reference will be picked up on much, so ummmm what can I cook? Cook well preferably :pac:

You could put this in your title :D

...../*ponders what to put here to make it plus more cleverer*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Did I miss the enchiladas? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Dord wrote: »
    Did I miss the enchiladas? :confused:

Too slow! :pac:

I wanna log on now and see all these lovely foodie type headlines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

MudSkipper wrote: »
    Somehow dont think a subtle George Orwell New Speak reference will be picked up on much

Why do you think we all died in the Atomic Wars? Typical prole....:pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,265 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So girl replied to message and asked a bit about me, I replied again but she didn't reply since and now she's online. To IM or not to IM? don't want to seem pushy or anything.....

Mickeroo wrote: »
    So girl replied to message and asked a bit about me, I replied again but she didn't reply since and now she's online. To IM or not to IM? don't want to seem pushy or anything.....

i'd say no no no no no. too pushy. hate when people do that to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

What is it woth girls photographing themselves in toilet mirrors?? With the camera in front of their face?
    And there's pics a hell of a lot less flattering than those ones

Still, a lot of nice folk on it. Everyones pretty friendly

Still, I can't help but think that this may apply in a lot of cases (I'm honest, I tell them I enjoy my comfort)
    facebookyou.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What is it woth girls photographing themselves in toilet mirrors?? With the camera in front of their face?
    And there's pics a hell of a lot less flattering than those ones

Still, a lot of nice folk on it. Everyones pretty friendly

Still, I can't help but think that this may apply in a lot of cases (I'm honest, I tell them I enjoy my comfort)

Guys do that too ya know! Makes me think they're lying when they say they enjoy the outdoors, etc. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Larianne wrote: »
    Guys do that too ya know! Makes me think they're lying when they say they enjoy the outdoors, etc. :pac:

I think we all enjoy outdoors. Tbh I feel myself more drawn to the ones who say they enjoy their nights iut but are just as haooy with a dvd rather than the ones who "live for da weekend with ma girlies!" They'd exhaust me...

Edit : Surely someone has seen the girl who wants a child? And hopes she isn't intimidating but she wants a child who can know her father!?

I think we all enjoy outdoors. Tbh I feel myself more drawn to the ones who say they enjoy their nights iut but are just as haooy with a dvd rather than the ones who "live for da weekend with ma girlies!" They'd exhaust me...

Edit : Surely someone has seen the girl who wants a child? And hopes she isn't intimidating but she wants a child who can know her father!?

I still just can't believe there's people like that. I'm genuinely in shock over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Tbh I feel myself more drawn to the ones who say they enjoy their nights iut but are just as haooy with a dvd rather than the ones who "live for da weekend with ma girlies!" They'd exhaust me...

I'm the same, don't think I could hack someone who just HAS to go out on certain days. Much rather a lady who can have a night in without feeling guilty that she's let social convention down... but then also doesn't get freaked out if a random Tuesday turns into a random session.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

So beautifulpeople.com think I'm ugly :( should I have a face transplant :confused:

The e-mail says

"Thank you XXX,
    Unfortunately, your application to BeautifulPeople.com was not successful.
    Please note, only one in five applicants are currently accepted into BeautifulPeople.com
    BeautifulPeople invites you to apply again, perhaps with a better picture and a more interesting profile description."

Lol at the "perhaps with a better picture and a more interesting profile description" bit :D:D

Anyone else get accepted or rejected?

kingtut wrote: »
    So beautifulpeople.com think I'm ugly :( should I have a face transplant :confused:

The e-mail says

"Thank you XXX,
    Unfortunately, your application to BeautifulPeople.com was not successful.
    Please note, only one in five applicants are currently accepted into BeautifulPeople.com
    BeautifulPeople invites you to apply again, perhaps with a better picture and a more interesting profile description."

Lol at the "perhaps with a better picture and a more interesting profile description" bit :D:D

Anyone else get accepted or rejected?

Rejected too! Didn't bother with a description or anything though, couldn't be arsed trying again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Rejected too! Didn't bothere with a descrition or anything though, couldn't be arsed trying again :D

*tut tut* so shallow...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Rejected too! Didn't bothere with a descrition or anything though, couldn't be arsed trying again :D

Do you feel depressed and down in the dumps like me? I am not coping well with the rejection and I have been crying myself to sleep.

How dare they call me ugly :mad: my mummy says I'm beautiful :( :pac::pac::pac::D:D

kingtut wrote: »
    Do you feel depressed and down in the dumps like me? I am not coping well with the rejection and I have been crying myself to sleep.

How dare they call me ugly :mad: my mummy says I'm beautiful :( :pac::pac::pac::D:D

I just assmed they thought I was too good looking, seemed the logical conclusion.....:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭flatnn

I got accepted as a member, don't worry you aren't missing much. Very few people actually active on it, i joined last year I think & only messaged one girl on it and it was after she linked her profile on boards!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement