Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

I just signed up to that Beautiful People tripe , with a made up 'LA' / Jeremy Kyle type name to fit in with the shallowness of it.

48hours and counting...........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

flatnn wrote: »
    I got accepted as a member, don't worry you aren't missing much. Very few people actually active on it, i joined last year I think & only messaged one girl on it and it was after she linked her profile on boards!

Oh I'm not at all bothered I was taking the piss hence so many of these (:pac:) in my posts :)

I just signed up to that Beautiful People tripe , with a made up 'LA' / Jeremy Kyle type name to fit in with the shallowness of it.

48hours and counting...........

:D bet the excitement is killing you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Larianne wrote: »
    Too slow! :pac:

I wanna log on now and see all these lovely foodie type headlines.

Maybe I need a food reference in mine. It currently has a reference to a song which is referencing the Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy. :pac: :D
    facebookyou.png

How did they know?! :(
    Truthfully, it actually looks sorta like me, and I play guitar also. I'm too cool to wear brown though. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭flatnn

kingtut wrote: »
    Oh I'm not at all bothered I was taking the piss hence so many of these (:pac:) in my posts :)

I guess I'm just a pretty face so didn't cop on ;)

I meant generally to people wanting to get on it though, it is pretty dire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

OK, so date 2 went well, D3 not so well, so still out there looking.

Is POF all it's cracked up to be? I'm on Anotherfriend and it's not exactly booming with business, but at least the women there seem to be nice enough.

Should i create an account on POF too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

gatecrash wrote: »
    OK, so date 2 went well, D3 not so well, so still out there looking.

Is POF all it's cracked up to be? I'm on Anotherfriend and it's not exactly booming with business, but at least the women there seem to be nice enough.

Should i create an account on POF too?

sure, why not!?

Is it free or is there a monthly fee?

Is it free or is there a monthly fee?

Free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Free.

And worth every penny.

Ive been on it a while now not much luck, weirdly getting decent enough looking girls mailing, some with no profile pic but attached images to my inbox meaning they sought me out as i wouldnt mail someone with no pic, telling me my profile is interesting, I write a nice long message back, seems like getting along well then after like 2 replies they completely stop messaging, i mean they were the one who approached me :confused: still sort of mailing a couple of girls that contacted me but don't really fancy them, should i say to them im not interested or what? I do still enjoy reading and writing back to them during work, keeps me entertained! and they haven't implied meeting up or anything like that

Same thing happened mailed a really hot girl she wb twice then completely stopped. I think i may have been trying too hard with her though, she had one of them real "Do not message me!" style profiles where ya feel its an achievement to coax any response from her, then she asked me "Tell me something random about yourself" and i think i rambled on trying to be funny a little too much! didn't know what to say to that really, its not really me, i'd laugh at someone if they asked me that in real life :cool:

pof is pretty addictive i havent done a tap in work all day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

"Tell me something random about yourself" and i think i rambled on trying to be funny a little too much! didn't know what to say to that really, its not really me, i'd laugh at someone if they asked me that in real life :cool:

That sounds to me like someone who struggles to keep a conversation going and just threw the ball into your court. That allied to the defensive, shields-up profile, is not being fair on either of you, keeping the pressure on you to entertain and make the running. Probably best it's ended, in my opinion.

That sounds to me like someone who struggles to keep a conversation going and just threw the ball into your court. That allied to the defensive, shields-up profile, is not being fair on either of you, keeping the pressure on you to entertain and make the running. Probably best it's ended, in my opinion.

Yeah she was really my type looks-wise so just disappointed after she actually did wb, probably wouldn't have been too bothered had she just not wb at all.

Anyone notice a few fake profiles starting to pop up, like smoking hot girls with about ten pics of them in bikinis and then the pics disappear from the profile within a couple of hours

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Yeah she was really my type looks-wise so just disappointed after she actually did wb, probably wouldn't have been too bothered had she just not wb at all.

Anyone notice a few fake profiles starting to pop up, like smoking hot girls with about ten pics of them in bikinis and then the pics disappear from the profile within a couple of hours

Can't say I've noticed that. Something to keep an eye out for so cheers for the heads up!

Having looked through a good few profiles I have to laugh at the ladies with photos of them giving 2 fingers or the middle finger to the camera! What's that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

IT-Guy wrote: »
    Having looked through a good few profiles I have to laugh at the ladies with photos of them giving 2 fingers or the middle finger to the camera! What's that about?

Classy burds. There's guys doing that too. Makes me swoon, like, totally. :rolleyes:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Classy burds. There's guys doing that too. Makes me swoon, like, totally. :rolleyes:

:pac:

A man showing his fingers may be more romantic though if you think about it :P:pac:

Yeah I don't get pictures that basically stick a giant "I am a Chav" label on you.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I was just browsing POF there and one of those ads with all the wealthy/beautiful/blah blah blah men cropped up with a pic of one of the guys at work :eek:

I was just browsing POF there and one of those ads with all the wealthy/beautiful/blah blah blah men cropped up with a pic of one of the guys at work :eek:

Ha ha. No way.

Get stuck into him so Morri. ;) He's loaded and beautiful!!

Ha ha. No way.

Get stuck into him so Morri. ;) He's loaded and beautiful!!

ah no he is married and poor...and I think that photo is an old FB profile pic!

ah no he is married and poor...and I think that photo is an old FB profile pic!

So someone stole his identity? Was it something in FB's t&cs that they owned your photos once you uploaded them onto FB? OR did that change? :confused:

So someone stole his identity? Was it something in FB's t&cs that they owned your photos once you uploaded them onto FB? OR did that change? :confused:

yeah you had to click boxes to stop your stuff being used all over the shop or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Same thing happened mailed a really hot girl she wb twice then completely stopped. I think i may have been trying too hard with her though, she had one of them real "Do not message me!" style profiles where ya feel its an achievement to coax any response from her, then she asked me "Tell me something random about yourself" and i think i rambled on trying to be funny a little too much! didn't know what to say to that really, its not really me, i'd laugh at someone if they asked me that in real life :cool:

Aw scheeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know EXACTLY the one! The one with the big ass list? Was mailing her a couple of weeks ago. She seems awfully high maintenance. Felt more like an interrogation than a conversation!

How do you delete/hide your POF account again?
    Now taht I have no need for it I keep getting mails (of course).

Galvasean wrote: »
    Aw scheeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know EXACTLY the one! The one with the big ass list? Was mailing her a couple of weeks ago. She seems awfully high maintenance.

http://www.plentyoffish.com/deleteaccount.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Err, when I click on the option to hide my profile it just takes me to the edit profile bit :confused:

edit: oh wait, theres a little tiny 'click here' on that page...

Err, when I click on the option to hide my profile it just takes me to the edit profile bit :confused:

Hold on....

Galva when you hit the link I gave you, there is an option to hide your profile for a while - that brings you to the "edit profile" page.

However, at the top in little tiny writing is the following in blue text

To hide your profile from others click here Hiding your profile removes you from all searches.

When you "click here" the text will change to :-

To unhide your profile from others click here Hiding your profile removes you from all searches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Sweet zombie jesus, one more text speak style message and I'm gonna flip right the hell out...

Any nice ladies fancy reviewing my profile to see if any improvements can be made? Drop me a pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Oh Galva, moved on to bigger and better (and cuter) things. Think of us online dating scamps when you're all loved up, if only on occasion. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Ive been on it a while now not much luck, weirdly getting decent enough looking girls mailing, some with no profile pic but attached images to my inbox meaning they sought me out as i wouldnt mail someone with no pic, telling me my profile is interesting, I write a nice long message back, seems like getting along well then after like 2 replies they completely stop messaging, i mean they were the one who approached me :confused: still sort of mailing a couple of girls that contacted me but don't really fancy them, should i say to them im not interested or what? I do still enjoy reading and writing back to them during work, keeps me entertained! and they haven't implied meeting up or anything like that

I think I had that on mine (profiles hidden now) :cool:
    The reason I put it there is simply to find out something wacky about them! If someone asked me, I would say well I have done 3 bungee jumps! thats my random fact!

I can hold a conversation well provided its naturally flowing and dosnt need to be forced.

Had a look at POF last night, reactivated my a/c.

jebus but it looks really bad and crappy. The iphone version is a lot easier to use and much more user freindly.

One problem i can see is the search facility. Didn't spend a lot of time on it though, got bored.

Just not motivated at the moment i suppose. Pain in the arse when you get knocked back, and you thought things were going well! :(:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Had a look at POF last night, reactivated my a/c.

jebus but it looks really bad and crappy. The iphone version is a lot easier to use and much more user freindly.

One problem i can see is the search facility. Didn't spend a lot of time on it though, got bored.

Just not motivated at the moment i suppose. Pain in the arse when you get knocked back, and you thought things were going well! :(:o

happens to everyone! its all part of the lengthy process :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement