Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I know :P

Owned :o Right back atcha so :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Misticles wrote: »
    Bus?

if you really like someone and reckon that you would get on IRL then a bus trip won't do anyone any harm!

Nothing ventured nothing gained!

Well it depends on where the 2 people are. Like somebody in Cork could require me getting a train to the bus to the train to a bus. Somebody in Dublin/Leinster is grand, but otherwise you're talking about taking a trip to Dublin to begin the trip to wherever. And I'm not bothered doing that, not like there are aren't girls around here!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Well it depends on where the 2 people are. Like somebody in Cork could require me getting a train to the bus to the train to a bus. Somebody in Dublin/Leinster is grand, but otherwise you're talking about taking a trip to Dublin to begin the trip to wherever. And I'm not bothered doing that, not like there are aren't girls around here!

well obviously your not going to make unrealistic journeys!

But an hour or two to see someone is nothing. I mentioned before on this thread that I travelled to Kilkenny (before the motorway was done) to meet a fella! The first time he fell asleep and I couldnt get directions so I had to come home! It worked out a while later anyways :)

well obviously your not going to make unrealistic journeys!

But an hour or two to see someone is nothing. I mentioned before on this thread that I travelled to Kilkenny (before the motorway was done) to meet a fella! The first time he fell asleep and I couldnt get directions so I had to come home! It worked out a while later anyways :)

Ah yeah I don't consider an hour or two to be travel. I travelled to Dublin for an hour for work for a good while, so travelling to meet a girl would be more pleasant than that :p

I was talking more in relation to the lads getting annoyed at matches being on the other side of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I'm giving up. I've to get the bulk of a thesis done within two weeks, and then I've to move to Cork to do a three-month unpaid internship. I'll be bereft of time and money until late September. So the women of Munster are safe - for now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Not if you have no means of travel!

I remember reading a post on boards from a person who met his wife on a bus,on weekends he would take random bus/train trips around the country,and if he saw a girl he liked he would sit next to her and strike up a conversation,and after many trips he eventually spoke to the right girl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I remember reading a post on boards from a person who met his wife on a bus,on weekends he would take random bus/train trips around the country,and if he saw a girl he liked he would sit next to her and strike up a conversation,and after many trips he eventually spoke to the right girl :)

I did get a date by meeting a guy on a bus once. :pac:

If only I could do that. I would be mortified if he was like eh no, I would have to find a new way to get to work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Been trying it out myself the past few months with mixed results really. It's not something I'm putting major effort and time into, it's just there for a bit of a difference. I find nothing wrong with it all.

It can be quite amusing stumbling into other boardsies while having a creep through the websites! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Larianne wrote: »
    I did get a date by meeting a guy on a bus once. :pac:

How did that go,like did the both of you just start chatting?

• Advertisement

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Been trying it out myself the past few months with mixed results really. It's not something I'm putting major effort and time into, it's just there for a bit of a difference. I find nothing wrong with it all.

It can be quite amusing stumbling into other boardsies while having a creep through the websites! :pac:

Never happened to me at all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Never happened to me at all :P

You never got back to me about those cans and naggins in the fields... </3

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,235 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thats a romantic story for the grand kids but also a litle creepy :pac:

Pyr0 wrote: »
    You never got back to me about those cans and naggins in the fields... </3

Did ye, said id love you long time bbz :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Updated my opening line on my POF profile. You'll know it when you see it.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Updated my opening line on my POF profile. You'll know it when you see it.

The caption thing?
    I think I have something ghey on mine, used to be insert cheesy line here

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The caption thing?
    I think I have something ghey on mine, used to be insert cheesy line here

Nope. In the "About Me" section, or whatever it's called. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭flatnn

Do any of you girls go on to guys profile so they see you in their "Viewed" section and see if they guy approaches you or would the view follow by no message indicate no interest?

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

flatnn wrote: »
    Do any of you girls go on to guys profile so they see you in their "Viewed" section and see if they guy approaches you or would the view follow by no message indicate no interest?
    I think some of the guys have mentioned that before!

I'm having a "moment" I've been kinda stalking a profile, well not so much stalking, just that this pic keeps showing up in my matches and I keep thinking it's my ex, but it isn't and I know it isn't but I'm drawn to the profile....it's very weird :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭flatnn

oh cool im off to read the previous 216 pages so :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I'm having a "moment" I've been kinda stalking a profile, well not so much stalking, just that this pic keeps showing up in my matches and I keep thinking it's my ex, but it isn't and I know it isn't but I'm drawn to the profile....it's very weird :rolleyes:

I get that a lot to :)

this boards girl ive gottin drunk with keeps appearing in the top right hand corner on my fae book tho i dont mind shes a really cool chick :D

I get that a lot to :)

this boards girl ive gottin drunk with keeps appearing in the top right hand corner on my fae book tho i dont mind shes a really cool chick :D

My fb is hard to find cos there is a pic of me from 28 years ago as my profile pic lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Just made the decision to pack in online dating for a few months and I received a mail from a girl on OKCupid of all things. I only re-opened my account on that to look at someone else's profile last weekend. Anyway, she lives a little too far away and I am still busy and impoverished, so there doesn't seem much point.

My fb is hard to find cos there is a pic of me from 28 years ago as my profile pic lol

I had a photo from my 21st up for a while too :pac:

I'm joking...I'll get me coat :pac:

I had a photo from my 21st up for a while too :pac:

I'm joking...I'll get me coat :pac:

PK you're skating on thin ice these days you know!

PK you're skating on thin ice these days you know!

Sometimes an opportunity so perfect appears, the Gods would shun me for not taking them :D The little devil on my shoulder spotted the angel was getting his hair cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

3rd date on Friday. A bit eek about it. :pac:

Sometimes an opportunity so perfect appears, the Gods would shun me for not taking them :D The little devil on my shoulder spotted the angel was getting his hair cut.

The Gods may shun you, but I'll fcuking slap ya if ya don't behave ya monkey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

w00t!

Best of look with it lady!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Best of luck!!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement