Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Wow, that guy does sound creepy, tis a good excuse to play the messaging game for a wee bit longer than the one week rule one of the lads had earlier. Surely a psycho would reveal themselves given enough time.

Ha... yeah total creep. And the worst thing about it was that the only reason I had been told about him being a crazy stalker was because I had been with him drunkenly in first year of college! :eek: ..so I had already had him trying his best to stalk me in person.. then two years later he's stalking me online! Great fun :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

kingtut wrote: »
    You know with there being so many of us boardsies on these dating sites I'm tempted to set up a facebook group for us to join, who knows how many couples will form :D

Wait...no...that's a crap idea right :o forget it :o

A couple developed from one of the meetups I organised and they recently had their first baby :o

So anyone willing to admit that they came across me while browsing POF or OKCUPID ?

what you did there.... Oh! I see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Seeing as alot of you are in Dublin and all these mails are getting sent out to folks all over the general Dublin area...(I'm assuming)....do you guys+girls ever happen to see the odd one you mailed in a pub or walking down the street?

Actually one such girl served me in a bar recently. She never replied to me so she got no tip.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Galvasean wrote: »
    Actually one such girl served me in a bar recently. She never replied to me so she got no tip.

Oh mean!

Ha, would definitely do the same :cool:
    Galvasean wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Not that I generally tip bar staff anyway... but if I did I would not have!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

jersey shore girl is in fact a fan of the show......... think i'll write her off. crXp factor and its ilk I can handle (just)...... jerseyshore, fade street or glee and the like is just NOOO

/feel dirty even knowing the names of them shows :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

smurfy89 wrote: »
    Ha... yeah total creep. And the worst thing about it was that the only reason I had been told about him being a crazy stalker was because I had been with him drunkenly in first year of college! :eek: ..so I had already had him trying his best to stalk me in person.. then two years later he's stalking me online! Great fun :pac:

Oh god, so he messaged you knowing it was you, not just accidentally having this connection. Wow, did he go "hi, remember me?" or try and strike up a new relationship? Bizarrrrrrre.

Oh god, so he messaged you knowing it was you, not just accidentally having this connection. Wow, did he go "hi, remember me?" or try and strike up a new relationship? Bizarrrrrrre.

Not quite sure if he remembered who I was. Took quite a while for me to remember who he was anyways! Was very very creeped out once I did realise though :eek:
    The time I had been with him I was obviously very drunk :o

smurfy89 wrote: »
    The time I had been with him I was obviously very drunk :o

Or you're just naturally attracted to men who are obsessive creepy stalkers. It's ok, everybody has their kinks :P

• Advertisement

Or you're just naturally attracted to men who are obsessive creepy stalkers. It's ok, everybody has their kinks :P

Yeah, I must have something about me that stalkers love! And somehow I never seem to notice how strange they are until I stop talking to them or break up with them... Then their true colours start to show :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Hhmm stalker :eek:
    Cant say I've come into that area thank god :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Give it time Misti.
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Few,there's a little line on each persons profile capture on a search,saying when you first contacted them,if you have,and if not how selective they are with replies. Have a look and see if you can see it. Should save a bit of that kinda bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Ive just realised im probably talking to loads of boardsies on POF. My username is the same as my name here, so look out for me!!

Give it time Misti.
    :P

Otis there was something a little creepy about that post....

Few,there's a little line on each persons profile capture on a search,saying when you first contacted them,if you have,and if not how selective they are with replies. Have a look and see if you can see it. Should save a bit of that kinda bother.

Ah yeah on Ok Cupid, sorry I was on about PoF. Yet again OkC is the superior site! :)
    Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Ive just realised im probably talking to loads of boardsies on POF. My username is the same as my name here, so look out for me!!

Ugh, this might force me to go onto PoF in work, cause curiosity is keeeeeelling me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭flatnn

I've noticed a lot of girls describing themselves as "Sarcastic" as if its a good thing :confused: Last thing I'd want on a first date is someone making sarcastic comments after everything I say :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

flatnn wrote: »
    I've noticed a lot of girls describing themselves as "Sarcastic" as if its a good thing :confused: Last thing I'd want on a first date is someone making sarcastic comments after everything I say :cool:

Watevs....

I have that on mine! Purely because I am! But I wouldnt unleash it on a date though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Ah yeah on Ok Cupid, sorry I was on about PoF. Yet again OkC is the superior site! :)

Ugh, this might force me to go onto PoF in work, cause curiosity is keeeeeelling me :p

Please tell me your from boards, when you mail me ;)

Ah sure that'd be great! And someone who's all about the playful slagging... because if they don't get that I'm just joshin' with them then I'm in for a world of hurt.

There are various levels of sarcasm though and not everyone is good at it! Some think that constant snipes at people is sarcasm, but if there is no undertone of humour it is in fact just mean!

I'm very sarcastic, but I know when to reign it in too.

No chance, I want the pure flavour of rejection just like everybody else :D

No chance, I want the pure flavour of rejection just like everybody else :D

Mail me then (if you can find me.. I'm hidden) :P

I'd say my rejection/non response rate is 3 out of every 5! :P

or you could be in the 2 that get by my series of tests haha

Misticles wrote: »
    Mail me then (if you can find me.. I'm hidden) :P

I'd say my rejection/non response rate is 3 out of every 5! :P

or you could be in the 2 that get by my series of tests haha

Ah you're a non-responder and proud, I desire the sweet taste of awkward rejection, the excitement of whether they actually put effort into it, perhaps with a "oh sorry, I'm not on the market at the moment, silly me I forgot to take down my profile", or maybe they just wield their feminine power like a mighty floral hammer and go "Nooooooooooooooooo!" or "Contact: Denied!". God the rejection makes ya feel Aliiiiiiive! :pac:

Ah you're a non-responder and proud, I desire the sweet taste of awkward rejection, the excitement of whether they actually put effort into it, perhaps with a "oh sorry, I'm not on the market at the moment, silly me I forgot to take down my profile", or maybe they just wield their feminine power like a mighty floral hammer and go "Nooooooooooooooooo!" or "Contact: Denied!". God the rejection makes ya feel Aliiiiiiive! :pac:

ok ok, I'll reject you so, seems like you love it :P

I saw a girl that was "Snooping" but not Snoopy :pac:

Better than Creepin' i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bitches be crazy. :pac:

Saw this:
    And don't try and be funny in your messages because I don't think it's cool.

I didn't heed her warning.

What I wrote:
    You don't like people being funny in messages? You have made a powerful enemy today. I shall see you at dawn on the battlefield.

Bring a horse, a sword and an oversized novelty hat.

• Advertisement

Prepare to get laid

no not by me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement