Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

flatnn wrote: »
    Prepare to get laid blocked
    no not by me

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Misticles wrote: »
    ok ok, I'll reject you so, seems like you love it :P

The test of how much I love it is whether I find you or not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

That_Guy wrote: »
    Bitches be crazy. :pac:

Saw this:

I didn't heed her warning.

What I wrote:

I'de be expecting a read deleted reported message on that one!! :D

Fewcifur wrote: »
    The test of how much I love it is whether I find you or not :)

feisty one you are.... get out the Inspector Gadget set!
    gatecrash wrote: »
    I'de be expecting a read deleted reported message on that one!! :D

That's if he's paid to get them :P

feisty one you are.... get out the Inspector Gadget set!

I'm afraid I must not actually enjoy rejection, based on the amount of time it took me to find Snoopy's flippin' profile. Who knew there were SO MANY SNOOPYS?!?

I'm honestly emotionally drained after it. First the IT guys will snigger at my PoF use, then they'll look at me oddly due to my Snoopy-fetish; eventually I'll settle it with a 20 sided dice and a 7of9 poster.

• Advertisement

I'm afraid I must not actually enjoy rejection, based on the amount of time it took me to find Snoopy's flippin' profile. Who knew there were SO MANY SNOOPYS?!?

I'm honestly emotionally drained after it. First the IT guys will snigger at my PoF use, then they'll look at me oddly due to my Snoopy-fetish; eventually I'll settle it with a 20 sided dice and a 7of9 poster.

OI!!!

be nice to us IT guys!!!

OI!!!

be nice to us IT guys!!!

I am being nice, I'm giving you a precious 7of9 poster! Damnit!

I am being nice, I'm giving you a precious 7of9 poster! Damnit!

We're not all total nerds ya know.

And just to clarify, exactly WHICH 7 of 9 poster are we talking about here???

We're not all total nerds ya know.

And just to clarify, exactly WHICH 7 of 9 poster are we talking about here???

Ah ye're all nerds in some way, I just have to dig deep into my own personal nerd powers to communicate that the Snoopys were just resting in my account.

Ah ye're all nerds in some way, I just have to dig deep into my own personal nerd powers to communicate that the Snoopys were just resting in my account.

Think all the snoopys will be lining up at the cop shop for some restraining orders for a certain someone >_<

:P

• Advertisement

Think all the snoopys will be lining up at the cop shop for some restraining orders for a certain someone >_<

:P

Yeah, that damn Charlie Brown... he takes liberties!

Yeah, that damn Charlie Brown... he takes liberties!

/searches POF for Charlie Brown....

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Just started getting into this myself. So far I'm not impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

There are various levels of sarcasm though and not everyone is good at it! Some think that constant snipes at people is sarcasm, but if there is no undertone of humour it is in fact just mean!

I met a girl through PoF, she was sarcastic to say the least. Hadnt a good word to say about anyone and NO sense of humour, i didnt think it was possible for a person to be so devoid of humour. She got the P45 after the second date and it almost put me off the whole idea.

Still, the next girl i met is the sweetest, funniest, sexiest, and beautiful girl i have ever met. I am fully in love with her and going around the place with a smile from ear to ear.

Moral of the story? Keep at it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭flatnn

Caoimhín wrote: »
    I met a girl through PoF, she was sarcastic to say the least. Hadnt a good word to say about anyone and NO sense of humour, i didnt think it was possible for a person to be so devoid of humour. She got the P45 after the second date and it almost put me off the whole idea.

Still, the next girl i met is the sweetest, funniest, sexiest, and beautiful girl i have ever met. I am fully in love with her and going around the place with a smile from ear to ear.

Moral of the story? Keep at it :)

When she has logged off boards for the day come back and tell us what she is really like ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Im sorry, ive created Snoopy stalkers!!

Pm me, if you want my profile

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Im sorry, ive created Snoopy stalkers!!

Pm me, if you want my profile

Oh now you make the suggestion, AFTER I've become a marked man on the international snoopy black market. Damn! :pac:

When she has logged off boards for the day come back and tell us what she is really like ;)

But... I never log off :P

But... I never log off :P

I met a girl through PoF, she was sarcastic to say the least. Hadnt a good word to say about anyone and NO sense of humour, i didnt think it was possible for a person to be so devoid of humour

that's you? If you say so :P

that's you? If you say so :P

sarcastic (tick)
    devoid of humour (no tick)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I've noticed a lot of girls describing themselves as "Sarcastic" as if its a good thing :confused: Last thing I'd want on a first date is someone making sarcastic comments after everything I say :cool:

I describe myself as sarcastic and I think it's one of my best features! Certainly my friends and anyone I've dated has loved it, but then I tend to like it in other people so we're probably all just on the same page. But, as many people fail to realise, sarcasm is meant to be a witty, clever form of humour...not shorthand for someone with a face like a wet weekend who's on a constant downer and hasn't a good word to say about anyone/thing.

My sense of humour is very self-deprecating and I take the p*ss out of myself as much as anyone else. I know when its not appropriate and I wouldn't do it then. I couldn't date someone who didn't have a similar sense of humour- I have one friend who, lovely though she is, is utterly devoid of any sense of humour and I find lengthy time in her company very difficult as I'm constantly mentally editing anything I might say in case she could take it the wrong way.

I've recently been chatting to a (rather hot!) guy on match.com who messaged me in order to say how refreshing it was to find someone who understands the difference between non-PC humour and actual intended offence and appreciates a good joke in the spirit it's intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Is match.com expensive. Im thinking about going to a paid site, but would like to be able to cancel it when i want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That girl who doesn't like people messaging her funny stuff is actually hilarious.

I was expecting her to tell me to get fúcked but I've been sending her messages over lunch.

Mental conversation about novelty hats. :pac:

Prob not the same girl but this reminds me of the girl who has something like

"IF YOU HAVE LONG HAIR, ARE UGLY, ARE BALD, HAVE RED HAIR ETC. DO NOT MESSAGE ME!"

luckily i am dark and handsome :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"IF YOU HAVE LONG HAIR, ARE UGLY, ARE BALD, HAVE RED HAIR ETC. DO NOT MESSAGE ME!"

I'd be tempted to set up an individual profile with a picture of someone with long hair, an ugly person, a bald person and red hair and message her simultaneously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Jaysus, I wouldnt want to even spend time with someone who is so shallow!

I love the way she includes "Etc." as if its up to us to then look at ourselves and decide are we part of her ridiculously particular group of people that are allowed message her or do we have another hideous feature she just didn't have time to write.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'd be tempted to set up an individual profile with a picture of someone with long hair, an ugly person, a bald person and red hair and message her simultaneously.

I'd message her wearing a very expensive and well done out wig. Build up an extremely close emotional relationship with her and my new found hair. Be a gentleman and when she finally falls for my handsome good looks and thick head of hair, destroy her completely by revealing my actual baldness. Hopefully by annihilating this monster, I'll create something beautiful with a new found appreciation of personality over specific looks.

Pyr0 wrote: »
    I'd message her wearing a very expensive and well done out wig. Build up an extremely close emotional relationship with her and my new found hair. Be a gentleman and when she finally falls for my handsome good looks and thick head of hair, destroy her completely by revealing my actual baldness. Hopefully by annihilating this monster, I'll create something beautiful with a new found appreciation of personality over specific looks.

The butterfly that emerges will see neither baldness nor ging, she will be pure and leave her shallow traits in the cocoon. So sayeth the mongoose. All hail Mongoose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Bitches be crazy. :pac:

Saw this:

"And don't try and be funny in your messages because I don't think it's cool. "

I think I messaged her ages ago. I told her I don't try to be funny, it's just something I am inherently. She didn't reply.
    I love the way she includes "Etc." as if its up to us to then look at ourselves and decide are we part of her ridiculously particular group of people that are allowed message her or do we have another hideous feature she just didn't have time to write.

Ah yes, is this the girl that only dates guys with brown eyes?
    Scary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement