Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭flatnn

Galvasean wrote: »
    I think I messaged her ages ago. I told her I don't try to be funny, it's just something I am inherently. She didn't reply.

Ah yes, is this the girl that only dates guys with brown eyes?
    Scary.

haha it is actually! you must have a photographic memory of pof!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I think I messaged her ages ago. I told her I don't try to be funny, it's just something I am inherently. She didn't reply.

Ah yes, is this the girl that only dates guys with brown eyes?
    Scary.

Yeah, see, That Guy's approach was better... that's why he's gettin' the chat time. Buck up your ideas young Galva! :)

Oh no, my baby blues are of no interest to the harpy! Woe is me, woooooe....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

had a quiet enough morning at work, so spent some time going through pof in different countries. one girl in wales said she was into giggs n stuff.

oh how i chuckled away to myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Yeah, see, That Guy's approach was better... that's why he's gettin' the chat time. Buck up your ideas young Galva! :)

Oh I wasn't interested. I just felt obliged to make a point. Only room for one arrogant narcissist in any relationship I'm in!

Oh I wasn't interested. I just felt obliged to make a point. Only room for one arrogant narcissist in any relationship I'm in!

Minerva is a braver soul than I to put up with ya! Bet you steal the duvet nightly!

• Advertisement

Minerva is a braver soul than I to put up with ya! Bet you steal the duvet nightly!

She IS a duvet!

She IS a duvet!

You're a bad man sir, a bad bad man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

She IS a duvet!

Firm but fair (i hope ;))

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

She IS a duvet!
    You're a bad man sir, a bad bad man

Why is that bad?

Aren't women supposed to sleep on their partners?

:P

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Firm but fair (i hope ;))

And green and five feet tall. :)

• Advertisement

*Snigger*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I think you may wanna visit the doctor with that :P

Misticles wrote: »
    I think you may wanna visit the doctor with that :P

"Hello doctor. I think i may be crocked" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

That would be interesting. Though I can see why u like dinosaurs if it's 5ft long and green :P

Misticles wrote: »
    That would be interesting. Though I can see why u like dinosaurs if it's 5ft long and green :P

At the risk of going too off topic...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Sorry... I know this is in this thread here somewhere but would someone mind telling me how to delete my profile on POF please? Thanks

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Sorry... I know this is in this thread here somewhere but would someone mind telling me how to delete my profile on POF please? Thanks

I hope you found someone nice Denise.

Caoimhín wrote: »
    I hope you found someone nice Denise.

Thanks Caoimhín but I definitely havent found anyone and so sick of them all texting emailing etc etc and never seeming to want to meet up... Rant over!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Thanks Caoimhín but I definitely havent found anyone and so sick of them all texting emailing etc etc and never seeming to want to meet up... Rant over!! :o

Have you asked them?

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

http://www.plentyoffish.com/deleteaccount.aspx

If you just want to hide it follow the directions I gave to Galva below!
    Galva when you hit the link I gave you, there is an option to hide your profile for a while - that brings you to the "edit profile" page.

However, at the top in little tiny writing is the following in blue text

To hide your profile from others click here Hiding your profile removes you from all searches.

When you "click here" the text will change to :-

To unhide your profile from others click here Hiding your profile removes you from all searches.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Have you asked them?

Theyve asked me, Ive asked them.. both parties say yes and then it never happens. I give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Theyve asked me, Ive asked them.. both parties say yes and then it never happens. I give up!

Weird. I can understand your frustration alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

ah i hate that kind of messing around. frustrating. but maybe just hide it for now?

though I really thought that's what I did with my POF one, but it seems to be gone now.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Weird. I can understand your frustration alright.

Yeah ridiculous.. they all seem to just want to constantly text and email.. not what I joined for!

ah i hate that kind of messing around. frustrating. but maybe just hide it for now?

though I really thought that's what I did with my POF one, but it seems to be gone now.

Just as Im thinking I'll delete Ive another guy mailing... hes a bit intense though!! :o:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I hate the texting thing i try not to text to much itruins things for when you meet :)

i just try not to chat for hours on text much better finding that out in person

I hate the texting thing i try not to text to much itruins things for when you meet :)

i just try not to chat for hours on text much better finding that out in person

Yeah Im very surprised theyre all so into texting an emailing, I thought it was women who were suppose to be into that not men!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Yeah Im very surprised theyre all so into texting an emailing, I thought it was women who were suppose to be into that not men!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I recon its because people get to wrapped up in emailing etc... Maybe jsut dont think about it....

Like one girl ive been emailing since March on and off but the anoying thing is we just cant meet up with each other its been totally diasterous for us :pac:

Having said that i think people are affriad that they dont get on in reality or something :)

and some people are just plain selfish with there time.

I recon its because people get to wrapped up in emailing etc... Maybe jsut dont think about it....

Like one girl ive been emailing since March on and off but the anoying thing is we just cant meet up with each other its been totally diasterous for us :pac:

Having said that i think people are affriad that they dont get on in reality or something :)

and some people are just plain selfish with there time.

ooh hope you get to meet up soon!;)
    I just think its pointless for people to register on a site claiming they are looking for dates and then continue to just text/email.. :rolleyes:
    I might give it until the end of the month and if no dates by 01/07/11 I will delete :D

• Advertisement

Denise, I think it might be because that if someone hasnt been on a date or ever met someone online, they might find it hard to move out of the comfort zone of text and email.

May I suggest that you might make it clear on your profile that you arent interested in penpals?

Sometimes it is better to be quite direct and do the asking yourself?

Seriously, hide your profile but dont delete it, ive met a few wonderful people on PoF, nothing romantic came of it (except my beautiful girlfriend!).

Seriously, it is a hit and miss situation, you might meet (or not) 8 to 10 guys until you find someone you click with.

If you want me too look over your profile just PM me. Well i will as long as i didnt delete it while in the throws of teenage kicks the other night...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement